dvdrtldg wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2021
Auryn wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2021
Seconded. Algoritm is nice but Zero is king
What would you say are the advantages of Zero over Algoritm? I like Zero, but I find it very fiddly to program. Haven't tried Algo yet but it certainly looks much more flexible & intuitive
well, let's see off the top of my head...
- visual envelopes that you can drag into any shape/curve (not just adsr)
- many parameters have an independent envelope pre-assigned (every operator for example has it's own pitch envelope so you can create cool bending effects)
- filter 1 with built-in bitcrush, filter 2 with a very nice sounding saturation both selectable to have a variety (16) of slopes/shapes
- FM matrix allows al lot of the same routing freedom that Algoritm has
- Additive section that allows for a variety of waveforms and also includes a bunch of pre-programmed VS wavetables
- Independently selectable RM (ringmod) matrix that you can combine with the FM for some really gnarly and twisted sounds.
- Freely select sample rate on the back, 22050 to 192000
- Overal I just like the sound of Zero better, the sounds have a level of detail and a certain 'edge' to them that I didn't find as much in Algoritm (I found the presets to be a bit polite sounding)
(Shameless plug) here are some sounds from my refill for zero