Plugin Alliance - most plugins $29.99

Discuss VST stuff here!
tallguy

26 Feb 2021

Most plugins on Plugin Alliance are $29.99 until february 28. It can only be used to buy one plugin. Voucher code:

LYS1-2999

Not included in the deal:
ADPTR AUDIO Streamliner, bx_console SSL 9000 J, AMEK EQ200, Bettermaker EQ232D, Gig Performer 3, Shadow Hills Class A, dearVR PRO, dearVR MONITOR, Neold BIG AL, Lindell Audio 50 Series, Gallien-Krueger 800RB

jam-s

26 Feb 2021

Is Knifonium worth getting at this price?

Loque

26 Feb 2021

jam-s wrote:
26 Feb 2021
It was pretty much hyped by ppl. Ofc not for the original price.

I just gave it a try and here are my 2 cents:
* Try for your self (i know, old phrase, but do it)
* Patches are mostly crap
* Sound is nothing special. Everything sounds dull, like you put a lofi and tube on it
* Synth is pretty limited
* This thing didnt inspired me in any way
* I save me 35 bucks for something else...
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

26 Feb 2021

Loque wrote:
26 Feb 2021
It was pretty much hyped by ppl. Ofc not for the original price.

I just gave it a try and here are my 2 cents:
* Try for your self (i know, old phrase, but do it)
* Patches are mostly crap
* Sound is nothing special. Everything sounds dull, like you put a lofi and tube on it
* Synth is pretty limited
* This thing didnt inspired me in any way
* I save me 35 bucks for something else...
Yes, PA original prices are ridiculous (same as with Waves and quite a lot of other VSTs). Thanks for your short review.
I guess, I'll have to do a little test drive with it (esp. automating the filters) as the gnarly sound from the demos does sound quite interesting.

adfielding

27 Feb 2021

I'm tempted by alpha compressor, that looks like something I'd potentially get a good amount of use out of. Need to try it first, though!

Biolumin3sc3nt

27 Feb 2021

adfielding wrote:
27 Feb 2021
I'm tempted by alpha compressor, that looks like something I'd potentially get a good amount of use out of. Need to try it first, though!
That's one of My favs. I've been waiting for a sale on it and now its here

Skullture

27 Feb 2021

I'm tempted to get DSaudio Thorn, which is such a great synth.

But I might wait too with this one.

adfielding

28 Feb 2021

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
27 Feb 2021
adfielding wrote:
27 Feb 2021
I caved and bought it, looking forward to using it all over the place :)

Noise
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2021

I'm trying the demo of the Elysia Alpha Compression, and before I spend some cash on virtual things, I like to understand if I can obtain the same results with my current tools.
In this case, I'm just splitting the MID / SIDE and working on the SIDE. If you had to simulate this thing, could you think of any alternative ?
Is this Elysia really a huge trick in the bag ?
Attachments
SIDE.jpg
SIDE.jpg (240.24 KiB) Viewed 5582 times
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Loque

28 Feb 2021

Noise wrote:
28 Feb 2021
I'm trying the demo of the Elysia Alpha Compression, and before I spend some cash on virtual things, I like to understand if I can obtain the same results with my current tools.
In this case, I'm just splitting the MID / SIDE and working on the SIDE. If you had to simulate this thing, could you think of any alternative ?
Is this Elysia really a huge trick in the bag ?
I didnt tried it, but i think you need to do a little bit more to emulate everything this compressor does. The feed forward/back, frequency dependend compression and so on, need a few tricks to get those things work with normal compressors. Same goes with mid/side. All can be done in Reason, even with stock, but it can be a pain.

If you are looking for a good all around compressor, check out the Fabfilter Pro-C.
Reason12, Win10

Kalm

28 Feb 2021

Picked up the Purple Audio comp couple days ago, and just got the Lindell 80
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

arqui

28 Feb 2021

Kalm wrote:
28 Feb 2021
I'm about to click on Lindell 80, have you tried it? is it as good as they say?
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Kalm

28 Feb 2021

arqui wrote:
28 Feb 2021
Kalm wrote:
28 Feb 2021
Just trialed it last week. Made its way on a couple mixes. Consider it a channel strip if Kush Audio did one for Omega N without the huge bass roll-off. I also use the Lindell Series for harmonic distortion to change the tonal character of sounds. For example, if I want my drum bus to have more mid range harmonics, I'll use the Lindell 80 bus plugin, drive the Gain input then turn down fader level on the plugin.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

arqui

28 Feb 2021

Second Round:

LYS2-2999

arqui

28 Feb 2021

Kalm wrote:
28 Feb 2021
arqui wrote:
28 Feb 2021

Just trialed it last week. Made its way on a couple mixes. Consider it a channel strip if Kush Audio did one for Omega N without the huge bass roll-off. I also use the Lindell Series for harmonic distortion to change the tonal character of sounds. For example, if I want my drum bus to have more mid range harmonics, I'll use the Lindell 80 bus plugin, drive the Gain input then turn down fader level on the plugin.
Thanks
I have almost a whole day left, I'm going to try it ...

Biolumin3sc3nt

28 Feb 2021

adfielding wrote:
28 Feb 2021
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
27 Feb 2021

I caved and bought it, looking forward to using it all over the place :)
I did the same. Been at the Fam's house for the last 2 days, so can't wait to give er the full go once I get home!

arqui

01 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
28 Feb 2021
But it's not a leap year :?
I thought the same, that they do not find out !!! Hahaha

arqui

02 Mar 2021

Third round
LYS3-2999

arqui

02 Mar 2021

Just buy the Lindell 80 series console.
After trying it for a few days, I realized that the harmonics that I get with this plugin reach a pleasant and energetic point very quickly, I also have the console N and the G and E, but they are completely different, I think already with these consoles I get everything I need to enhance any type of track very quickly and simply. The reason console is very good too, although a little cleaner ... it's all a matter of taste ... I completed my range of possibilities. :-)
regards

dpcoffin

02 Mar 2021

OK, because they all seem quite different from what others are posting about, I grabbed Matcha as I'm a collector of virtual guitars, and have already picked up a lot of the PA guitar amps, which to my ears are some of the best around (buyer beware: I'm Not into metal hi-gain sounds, more clean and just breaking up ones). Which I also prefer to add to synths rather than to go with Knifonium or any other synth that has built-in overdrive, etc. Thorn for example (got last time) sounds quite incredible going into, eg, the Deizel Herbert.

Grabbed the SPL De-Esser Collection, too, as I do a lot of voice-overs and similar.

Today going for the SPL DrumXchanger as I've always wanted something like that but found them way too expensive.

VERY happy with all I've bought from PA on sale.

fieldframe
RE Developer

02 Mar 2021

Anyone use Byome / Triad?

WOO

02 Mar 2021

dpcoffin wrote:
02 Mar 2021
OK, because they all seem quite different from what others are posting about, I grabbed Matcha as I'm a collector of virtual guitars, and have already picked up a lot of the PA guitar amps, which to my ears are some of the best around (buyer beware: I'm Not into metal hi-gain sounds, more clean and just breaking up ones). Which I also prefer to add to synths rather than to go with Knifonium or any other synth that has built-in overdrive, etc. Thorn for example (got last time) sounds quite incredible going into, eg, the Deizel Herbert.

Grabbed the SPL De-Esser Collection, too, as I do a lot of voice-overs and similar.

Today going for the SPL DrumXchanger as I've always wanted something like that but found them way too expensive.

VERY happy with all I've bought from PA on sale.
What do you think about matcha? I'm looking for a "great" virtual guitar to use in my next production. Nothing but lead guitar licks. Any suggestions?

tronam

02 Mar 2021

Picked up Lindell 80 (as others have said, lots of mojo) and Purple MC77, so I can finally divorce myself from UAD for the last time. It has taken what feels like a year to gradually find substitutes for everything I care about.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

zoidkirb

02 Mar 2021

fieldframe wrote:
02 Mar 2021
Anyone use Byome / Triad?
Yes it's a big collection of great, but not best fx.
The whole modulation system is it's main trick, and it does that well, although I think it's nothing too exciting for a seasoned Reason user.
jam-s wrote:
26 Feb 2021
Probably , as long as you like very gritty and noisy synths, and you are happy to spend the time unlocking all of it's programming quirks/nuances. I paid $15 at the last sale and thought that was an unbelievable bargain.

• Information