[resolved] All VSTs disappeared from Reason Studios account

Discuss VST stuff here!
ab459
Posts: 275
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 Feb 2021

Just for checking - what the latest was name of archive ? (i have Europa200d84Win.zip)

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 380
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 20 Feb 2021

ab459 wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Just for checking - what the latest was name of archive ? (i have Europa200d84Win.zip)
I have the same
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

DaveyG
Posts: 832
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 20 Feb 2021

Wow. Just Wow.

outdatedstandard
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Dec 2019

Post 20 Feb 2021

Reason Studios has been killing old users over and over again. It's a shame.

ab459
Posts: 275
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 Feb 2021

arqui wrote:
20 Feb 2021
ab459 wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Just for checking - what the latest was name of archive ? (i have Europa200d84Win.zip)
I have the same
Tnx

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1463
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 20 Feb 2021

I'm a sad kitty.

Image
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 366
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

Main point of why Europa VST is discontinued - is can beupcoming Arm-Mac support update of Reason / RRP. If they save Europa VST, they need to make additional work to rebuild this VST for arm-mac machines. Additional work for what? For supporting VST that was been created for only one. Make a hype around Reason 9.5/10 that support VST. To show VST users this instrument, not think for more.
Time is going, R12 is near, and may be just no needs anymore in this VST support, because users can work with it into the ReasonRackPlugin as internal device. Work with VST - work with RRP, clear solution from them.
Its only my opinion and I can be wrong. But, Reason must going to support arm-macs, and RS need additional work to support this product, or just discontinue it.

DaveyG
Posts: 832
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 21 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Main point of why Europa VST is discontinued - is can beupcoming Arm-Mac support update of Reason / RRP. If they save Europa VST, they need to make additional work to rebuild this VST for arm-mac machines. Additional work for what? For supporting VST that was been created for only one. Make a hype around Reason 9.5/10 that support VST. To show VST users this instrument, not think for more.
Time is going, R12 is near, and may be just no needs anymore in this VST support, because users can work with it into the ReasonRackPlugin as internal device. Work with VST - work with RRP, clear solution from them.
Its only my opinion and I can be wrong. But, Reason must going to support arm-macs, and RS need additional work to support this product, or just discontinue it.
It's fine to discontinue it. It's not fine to remove it from the accounts of existing users.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6282
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

DaveyG wrote:
21 Feb 2021


It's fine to discontinue it. It's not fine to remove it from the accounts of existing users.

Agree. And the same could be said for the removal of the option to Authorize the ignition Key in Balance for existing owners.
丰2ॐ

Chi-Individual
Posts: 58
Joined: 09 Apr 2020

Post 21 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Main point of why Europa VST is discontinued - is can beupcoming Arm-Mac support update of Reason / RRP. If they save Europa VST, they need to make additional work to rebuild this VST for arm-mac machines. Additional work for what? For supporting VST that was been created for only one. Make a hype around Reason 9.5/10 that support VST. To show VST users this instrument, not think for more.
Time is going, R12 is near, and may be just no needs anymore in this VST support, because users can work with it into the ReasonRackPlugin as internal device. Work with VST - work with RRP, clear solution from them.
Its only my opinion and I can be wrong. But, Reason must going to support arm-macs, and RS need additional work to support this product, or just discontinue it.
I can see your point. I guess the next question would be do they give a free RRP to those who bought Europa outright but don’t have the RRP yet. They wouldn’t just screw those people over and just discontinue a product they bought and remove the key to it I’d think.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6282
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

“The Propellerheads giveth, and The Propellerheads taketh away. “

The Book of Figg 23:23
丰2ॐ

Heater
Posts: 413
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

I just checked. It’s been removed from my account too.

dasmode
Posts: 16
Joined: 09 Dec 2020

Post 21 Feb 2021

I just checked. Europa VST and other VSTs have been removed from my account too.

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 589
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 21 Feb 2021

Not cool. I had projects in another DAW which used the Europa VST. Hopefully this is just a glitch, because I haven't got a version of the RRP that has Europa RE.

Michaellos
Posts: 130
Joined: 18 May 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

Good that I have kept my Europa's serial and zip archive. But if not ? And, as mentioned above, there are some customers who bought Europa vst for full price, and finally they have nothing ! :twisted: We can't be sure of anything referring to Reason Studios these days ! That's not good at all !
And also they still did not give a intelligible answer to what will happen to ignition key :twisted:
Last edited by Michaellos on 21 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6282
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

No zip or serial saved. Never thought for a minute it would ever disappear.
Two ignition keys. Yeah well.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2004
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

The more I read in this thread and a few others the more I'm wondering what else might end up being removed from the shop and our accounts.

We are seeing instruments refills and now vst's going missing and for no real reason and without any notice or explanation.

I understand that it's my responsibility to keep backups but the whole point of an account that promised an always available options seems to have taken that promise and trampled all over it during the last few weeks.

Maybe it's an oversight or maybe it's deliberate either way it's a concern and is making me extremely worried with my current investment let alone any future purchases.

Has anyone actually been contacted about missing products that were purchased directly from the shop?

ab459
Posts: 275
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 21 Feb 2021

Well, in the end i'm understand that it's not quite a big deal by itself, that Europe was removed from account, because it's discontinued. (The main thing that there is saved archive with latest version, and serial number is exists in email).
But, such things do not do via such way - always vendor should inform preliminary about this (as some companies did, before discontinuing products \ close site), because some users might not have saved file or occasionally delete mail, being sure that anyway, they can always take it from their account. However some users did paid money for that plugin(s).

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1463
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 21 Feb 2021

outdatedstandard wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Reason Studios has been killing old users over and over again. It's a shame.
It all seems self-defeating, given the fact that 'keeping your user base happy' and 'word of mouth', are the #1 most successful marketing strategies.

Maybe they need to fire the head of marketing?

Image
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2253
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2021
... Speculating as to why they've disappeared. Could be a million reasons ...
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ..." - Laozi
---

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2253
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

Luckily I activated one of those VSTs. No idea what the other was.
---

Chi-Individual
Posts: 58
Joined: 09 Apr 2020

Post 21 Feb 2021

Guess I'll spend part of the day making a spreadsheet of all of my VST Keys. Never know when this may happen again. Computer systems do fail and things get lost. I hoping this is the case with RS and not just them removing things because they don't care anymore.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6282
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

avasopht wrote:
21 Feb 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2021
... Speculating as to why they've disappeared. Could be a million reasons ...
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ..." - Laozi
If you've always got one eye on the goal, you've only got one to see the way.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2004
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

Chi-Individual wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Guess I'll spend part of the day making a spreadsheet of all of my VST Keys. Never know when this may happen again. Computer systems do fail and things get lost. I hoping this is the case with RS and not just them removing things because they don't care anymore.
I think we've all worked out they don't care anymore.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 366
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

Interesting why they discountinued Europa VST right now. Does update is coming?
PX7 was been discontinued near to the release of Algorithm.
Does RS plan update before release R12?
This can be minor update with fixed and Mac/Win arm versions support.
Last edited by turn2on on 21 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests