Aly James VSDSX: Help!!! (Solved)

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2021

I just bought the Aly James Simmons Plugin and am having a few problems with it. I am trying to use the pads on my Nektar Panorama T4 using the Learn function for MIDI triggering. No matter what I do I can't assign MIDI note 36 to anything other than the bass and MIDI notes 37, 38 and 40 to the snare. Can anyone please help me. I've tried assigning the same MIDI notes on the keyboard but that doesn't work either.
The MIDI learn function for controls doesn't seem to be working either. I right click on the knob and get the option to Learn or Unlearn. Clicking on Learn then selecting the control on my MIDI keyboard doesn't do anything. I can get round this by using the Remote button at the top of the VST but can't understand why the Learn function isn't working. Also the knobs themselves (the blue ones) can be jerky when moved.
If anyone else has this plugin and can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. In the meantime I've written to Aly James himself.

Edit: Didn't get a reply from Aly James but while I was working night the answer came to me in my hazy wakefulness. There's two assignable slots for each drum which you can see on the hex data display. There's only one for the Closed HHT. Problem solved :). All good. Awesome plugin.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information