Arturia V Collection: remote map next preset button

Discuss VST stuff here!
sashdor80

02 Feb 2021

Hi,
does anyone know how I can remotely use the Next Preset Button in Arturia VSTs via my Midi Controller ?
In other Daws ( e.g Ableton ) it is working fine, using my Nektar P6 , pressing Patch + Button and the Preset jumps to the Next one. But in Reason nothing happens ...

I can even not learn it to use it, because the Next Button seems not to be a learnable Controller in Reason...

moneykube

02 Feb 2021

sashdor80 wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Hi,
does anyone know how I can remotely use the Next Preset Button in Arturia VSTs via my Midi Controller ?
In other Daws ( e.g Ableton ) it is working fine, using my Nektar P6 , pressing Patch + Button and the Preset jumps to the Next one. But in Reason nothing happens ...

I can even not learn it to use it, because the Next Button seems not to be a learnable Controller in Reason...
I contacted them on the issue... Arturia says they are working on a fix... they stated since vst is relatively new to reason this is indeed an issue as reason has not implemented vst to it's potential yet(besides the lacking vst 3 support)... yes it works as supposed to in live , but not in reason... I tried remote to no avail to map those buttons... it is indeed annoying> and it was a surprise to me, because I went for an Arturia controller from advice on this forum where many users recommended it. Would love to update my Arturia collection with the deal they offer... but I am hesitant to do so until the issue is addressed by reason or Arturia
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

sashdor80

03 Feb 2021

Yes, I love the new V Collection 8. Using it more often than RE devices, also Pigments is a great Synth. The Patch browsing would just be a nice to have feature if i could do this with my P6 Keyboard. Using the mouse sucks.
But good to hear that Arturia is working on a fix :)

moneykube

03 Feb 2021

sashdor80 wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Yes, I love the new V Collection 8. Using it more often than RE devices, also Pigments is a great Synth. The Patch browsing would just be a nice to have feature if i could do this with my P6 Keyboard. Using the mouse sucks.
But good to hear that Arturia is working on a fix :)
downloading... not tested yet... perhaps this will help
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.02.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.02.35 AM.png (67.45 KiB) Viewed 944 times
open Arturia Software Center> new version will download and then you can download these two updates... here's hoping... support was quick, fast , and explained a lot of things on setup to me immediately when I contacted them about the above problem, and I problem I had understanding functions, install, and use in reason.... very comprehensive and fast... I was impressed but their support ethic ! :!: :clap: :thumbs_up: :exclamation:
If fixed I think I will definitely go for their discount update to all instruments... great sounds
Did you buy Pigments or is that something that comes with new controllers?

sashdor80

03 Feb 2021

I got Pigments for only 49 Euro. It was a great deal because I already got the V Collection 7. It was durcing the Black Friday weeks i think.
Arturia make fantastic deals for you if you already own something, this is great and Propellerhead should take an example on this !
After V Collection 8 came out, I was hesitating to upgrade for 199 Euro. But then I did it becuase the Juno 6 and the Vocoder and Jupiter 8 V4 are very impressive.
This was worth.

Now I am loving the stuff from Arturia and I like their prize policy with Upgrades.

Pigments 2 is a never ending sound beast with a l wide range of sounds. But Vital is similar, and free. Check it out...

I have the latest Updates, but there is still no fix for the Next Preset Buttons. Hopefully next time.

moneykube

03 Feb 2021

sashdor80 wrote:
03 Feb 2021
I got Pigments for only 49 Euro. It was a great deal because I already got the V Collection 7. It was durcing the Black Friday weeks i think.
Arturia make fantastic deals for you if you already own something, this is great and Propellerhead should take an example on this !
After V Collection 8 came out, I was hesitating to upgrade for 199 Euro. But then I did it becuase the Juno 6 and the Vocoder and Jupiter 8 V4 are very impressive.
This was worth.

Now I am loving the stuff from Arturia and I like their prize policy with Upgrades.

Pigments 2 is a never ending sound beast with a l wide range of sounds. But Vital is similar, and free. Check it out...

I have the latest Updates, but there is still no fix for the Next Preset Buttons. Hopefully next time.
yes vital is a beast... so besides the non fix of the issue at had. Are all V Collection 8 compatible with reason as in vst2? if so I think I will jump on the deal just to be able to map the many awesome synths and vocoder fully... minus the next pervious buttons of course... I can tolerate having to use the mouse to browse patches until a fix is made :puf_wink: ....or I will just use the RRP plug in Live it it becomes too annoying.199 Euro for the package is a great deal imo.

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2021

if you're interested in cheaper arturia products y'all should definitely get a free AnalogLab Lite license from soundbetter.com (you'll find it in the user section afterwards, a bit tricky to navigate towards to)
https://soundbetter.com/users/sign_up/provider

combine an existing ALLite license with black friday deals and you can get most of their stuff quite cheap. amazing products. heck, even ALLite is just insane for being free.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

sashdor80

03 Feb 2021

Yes, all Arturia VSTs are compatible in Reason. They are installed as VST2 and VST3.

moneykube

03 Feb 2021

cool thank

• Information