The Sub

Discuss VST stuff here!
Billy+

21 Jan 2021

Looks very simple but unfortunately won't work in Reason as its vst3 only and this seams to be happening more and more with new plugins that are coming out.

---Edit---

Adding Autosub as mentioned below, but although they are doing the same "job" I personally prefer the sounds in the sub which makes the lack of vst3 support more of an issue if newer devices are going to be vst3 only.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/autosub/
Last edited by Billy+ on 21 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jan 2021

Looks like autosub from Forgotten Clank

Edit: doesn't look like it but does the same thing.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jan 2021

I think something like every new plugin has to be vst3 which isn't supported in Reason. I'm hopeful the vst3 support will be among the first features to be implemented.

dvdrtldg

21 Jan 2021

I'm fine with most of Reason's idiosyncrasies and functionality gaps, but the lack of VST3 support does seem increasingly bizarre

danc

22 Jan 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Jan 2021
I'm fine with most of Reason's idiosyncrasies and functionality gaps, but the lack of VST3 support does seem increasingly bizarre
I think what is more bizarre is that Reason couldn't use VSTs at all until as late as 2017. Rack Extensions only before v9.5.

Based on that fact ... I think it's a little premature to expect Reason Studios to allow VST3. Maybe when VST5 is announced for other DAWs, then we can expect it.
Check my Soundcloud:

DaveyG

22 Jan 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Jan 2021
The lack of VST3 support and VST Midi support means that they should really only claim "partial VST compatibility" in their marketing bumf.

Billy+

22 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
22 Jan 2021
The lack of VST3 support and VST Midi support means that they should really only claim "partial VST compatibility" in their marketing bumf.
I'm still a little disappointed that vst midi wasn't working in V11 especially as we've had vst support since 9.5 and I'm fairly certain that it should have been a priority to get vst devices working fully before moving onto other features.

Maybe it would be nice to see vst midi and vst3 support fully working in V11.5 rather than RS just ignore the problem in preference to HI Resolution which I've never seen as an issue.

• Information