NI Komplete 13 Ultimate

Discuss VST stuff here!
Phil513

17 Jan 2021

Hello all.

I have Reason 11 Suite. I just put an additional 1TB SSD in my PC, with the hopes of getting NI Komplete 13 Ultimate. Before I drop the $1200 or so on this venture, I wanted to see if this will work well, or if there is any advice or pitfalls from folks far more knowledgeable than I. I have installed Spitfire Labs free VST and got it to work, so I'm not utterly hopeless with the whole VST thing.

If this has been previously covered to death I apologize in advance.

Thanks much!

Phil.
Last edited by Phil513 on 17 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

17 Jan 2021

NI's software works pretty well with Reason in my experience. I use a lot of it, though I rely more on third-party Kontakt libraries that aren't part of Komplete. If you can wait until summer, it will probably be 50% off the list price.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Phil513

17 Jan 2021

esselfortium wrote:
17 Jan 2021
NI's software works pretty well with Reason in my experience. I use a lot of it, though I rely more on third-party Kontakt libraries that aren't part of Komplete. If you can wait until summer, it will probably be 50% off the list price.
50% off? Wow. Thanks, that gives me pause for sure.

esselfortium

17 Jan 2021

Sample library developers tend to run 40% or 50% off (or sometimes more, depending on the developer) sales once, twice, or sometimes more times per year. If you don't need to urgently buy today, it's worth taking the time to search around for info on sale prices from recent years so you can make a more informed decision.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Phil513

17 Jan 2021

I will, thank you!

Tiny Montgomery

17 Jan 2021

Phil513 wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Hello all.

I have Reason 11 Suite. I just put an additional 1TB SSD in my PC, with the hopes of getting NI Komplete 13 Ultimate. Before I drop the $1200 or so on this venture, I wanted to see if this will work well, or if there is any advice or pitfalls from folks far more knowledgeable than I. I have installed Spitfire Labs free VST and got it to work, so I'm not utterly hopeless with the whole VST thing.

Thanks much!

Phil.
If you're just starting out get the free Komplete Start.. You should start getting offers to upgrade to Komplete and Ultimate that will be less than $1200. If you're set on getting Komplete 13 Ultimate someone here wisely suggested getting the physical usb drive they offer version shipped to you. Would also recommend Spitfire Labs BBC Orchestra which can be had free or cheap and downloaded with the Spitfire installer you already have.

Phil513

17 Jan 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Phil513 wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Hello all.

Thanks much!

Phil.
If you're just starting out get the free Komplete Start.. You should start getting offers to upgrade to Komplete and Ultimate that will be less than $1200. If you're set on getting Komplete 13 Ultimate someone here wisely suggested getting the physical usb drive they offer version shipped to you. Would also recommend Spitfire Labs BBC Orchestra which can be had free or cheap and downloaded with the Spitfire installer you already have.
Thank you, yes, I was planning on getting the USB drive version, the download would be brutal. Getting the free version and waiting for upgrade offers is a good idea.

Tiny Montgomery

17 Jan 2021

Phil513 wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
17 Jan 2021

Thank you, yes, I was planning on getting the USB drive version, the download would be brutal. Getting the free version and waiting for upgrade offers is a good idea.
No worries. If you are just diving in for the first time though I'd really recommend seeing what you can achieve with Suite which you have already invested in and is already an over-whelming amount of content. I think picking up Spitfire Labs free was a wise move and there's much to explore in the free realm if you have an itch for novelty.

kuhliloach

17 Jan 2021

yessss the 50% off sale! I will be upgrading from Select to the full version when the sale hits. no holiday sale was clearly the worst part of 2020

Mistro17

17 Jan 2021

I was so glad I took the advice to wait last year when I was looking to get Kontakt 6. First I got the free Kontakt player and Komplete Start to get familiar. Then I got Arcane (a free Kontakt instrument) https://www.embertone.com/instruments/arcane.php and the summer sale was a treat! :thumbs_up: Over time I realized many of the instruments included in Komplete are not gonna get much use on my end and I'd rather save the space for instruments I know I will actually use. So I wait for sales and my Kontakt collection is slowly growing. Patience really pays off.

Phil513

17 Jan 2021

Really good advice! I appreciate the input.

enossified

18 Jan 2021

1TB is just barely big enough for Ultimate. The full install is 800GB, with 70GB more needed for the installer to run.

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2021

If you're savvy you can usually get it for even cheaper by hunting for old versions and then paying for a discounted upgrade.

• Information