Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

NICE:
ooh.png
ooh.png (578.97 KiB) Viewed 902 times

And a bunch of new features (from their KVR post):

1. New / Updates Skins with larger layout: Satyatunes created a new Dark skin for SynthMaster:

Dark Skin.jpg

and he updated the existing Tranquil Blue skin, which in my opinion looks much better now. As you see from the screenshot, the skin layout is extended to include two tabs with pitch/mod wheels, piano keyboard, MIDI Modulation Sources, EZ knobs and XY Pads. We believe putting those modulations sources right under the synth/fx modules would speed up the sound design workflow:

New Tranquil Skin.jpg

2.Realtime Visual Feedback for Modulation Sources and Targets: This was a heavily requested feature. Now you can clearly see how modulation sources and targets are changing when you play a note. The animations are optional, you can turn them on or off:

Realtime Visual Feedback.jpg

3.Resize Skins Easily: Skins can now be resized by dragging the triangle arrows at the bottom right corner of the plugin user interface (as in SM1). Each skin comes with the following sizes: 100%, 120%, 140%, 160%, 180% and 200%

4.Better Support for Microtuning: SynthMaster 2.9.9 comes with 300+ scales ranging from 5 note to 12 note, in equal or alternate temperaments. Root note of the scale can be set globally.

Scales.jpg

5.MIDI Learn for discrete controls: MIDI learn now works for all controls, including discrete controls and modulation matrix controls:

MIDI Learn Discrete.jpg

6.Dynamic Insert FX allocation: Insert effects can now be instantiated multiple times on multipx FX slots. Gone are the days that we were limited to only 1 Reverb, 1 Delay and 1 Chorus per preset :)

Multiple FX.jpg

7.New Modulation Sources: Each layer in SynthMaster now has 4 ADSR envelopes, 4 Multisegment envelopes, 4 LFOs, 4 Sequencers, 4 Keyscalers and 2 2D Envelopes.
7.1. Glide/Step LFOs in prior versions are now loaded as Sequencers.
7.2. For LFOs and Sequencers, triggering can be set to: Global, Single, Poly and Random.
7.3. Sequencers have up to 16 steps with individual initial/final levels and slopes.
7.4. In dual mode, 2 separate sequences can be created and morphed using Crossfade parameter.

Sequencer.jpg

8.Preset Browser Improvements:
8.1. Instrument categories are now listed based on Native Instruments NKS standard. Favorite presets can be added/removed easily by clicking on the star icon next to the preset name.
8.2. Users can upload their presets to the Public User Library that's hosted on the cloud
8.3. Users can download presets from the Public User Library by clicking on the Online button

Preset Browser.jpg

9.Waveform/Sample Import Improvements: SynthMaster now differenciates between waveforms, wavetables or samples in a much better way, and imports them correctly. If it detects samples that are part of a multisample or drumkit, the sfz multisample definiton is created automatically.

10.QWERT Keyboard Input: SynthMaster now supports MIDI input by pressing keys on computer QWERT keyboard. This allows the user to play notes or record arp steps without having a MIDI controller. Left/Right arrows are used to change the octave while Up/Right arrows are reserved for changing the current preset:

PianoKeyboard.jpg

11.Change Voice Parameters While Playing: In prior versions of SynthMaster, oscillator waveforms or filter types could not be changed while a note was playing. This limitation is now gone in SynthMaster 2.9.9, allowing a faster sound design workflow.

12.MPE Mode: SynthMaster now conforms to MPE standard much better: Each preset now has a MIDI Channel parameter, which can be set globally as well. When MIDI Channel is set to "MPE" mode, MIDI Channel 1 is used as the Global channel as per the standard. Mono presets in SynthMaster behave correctly (they play polyphonic since MPE sends MIDI in multiple channels).

There are also many critical bug fixes, so we definitely urge our registered users to download and install this update. If you encounter any issues in the latest update, v2.9.8 installer is still in your user area, you can revert back that at any time!
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

fx.png
fx.png (771.75 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

withkeys.png
withkeys.png (779.39 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

The White skin is my 2nd favorite:

white.png
white.png (379.5 KiB) Viewed 893 times

This DX7-ish brown skin is pretty nice:

dx7ish.png
dx7ish.png (395.94 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

zoidkirb

23 Dec 2020

Very nice new skins, that alone will convert a few new fans.

Very powerful synth too, for a very fair price. The amount of hard work and updates by that programmer over the years is gonna guarantee a LOT of day 1 upgraders to v3.

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

The white and brown skins have been included for a while now. It's awesome how he keeps adding new ones.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

zoidkirb

23 Dec 2020

Yeah I remember the brown one from a beta version recently. Only thing I dislike is the big circular browse and shop icons. Two things I'll never be clicking.

Animated modulation is a nice touch too. I think I'll be giving synthmaster one a break for a while in favor of this.

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

The animations are cool, but I don't like the light brown color on the purple skin, so I turned them off. 😬

The 200% size on my 2k screen is perfect - so crisp, clear, and snappy.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

Friendly reminder for the preset collectors among us:
Synthmaster Player is currently free. If you're making EDM and are on a budget, or just like freebies, I'd totally grab that.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MattLeschuck

23 Dec 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Dec 2020
Friendly reminder for the preset collectors among us:
Synthmaster Player is currently free. If you're making EDM and are on a budget, or just like freebies, I'd totally grab that.
Thanks for the tip, i just messed around with it for a bit. Is it just a preset bank? i can't find any way to actually tweak the Synth.

eusti

23 Dec 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
23 Dec 2020
[quote=diminished post_id=532002 time=1608740169
Thanks for the tip, i just messed around with it for a bit. Is it just a preset bank? i can't find any way to actually tweak the Synth.
From their website:
SynthMaster Player is a simplified version of SynthMaster with limited editing capabilities. It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds. It comes with 1800 factory presets. Users can edit the 12 easy parameters...

D.

MattLeschuck

23 Dec 2020

eusti wrote:
23 Dec 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
23 Dec 2020
[quote=diminished post_id=532002 time=1608740169
From their website:
SynthMaster Player is a simplified version of SynthMaster with limited editing capabilities. It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds. It comes with 1800 factory presets. Users can edit the 12 easy parameters...

D.
I appreciate that man, thanks for the description. Next time i wont be as lazy and will look it up :)

• Information