Tina Guo Acoustic Cello Bundle on sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

22 Dec 2020

While the SWAM strings are my goto for solo strings, particularly the cello, the Tina Guo libraries from Cinesamples are the best sounding sample-based solo cellos that I have heard. Currently on sale for $71 (for both Tina Guo Acoustic Cello Legato and Tina Guo vol 2). Both work with Kontakt Player. Separately they are on sale for $59 each.

https://cinesamples.com/productBundle/t ... llo-bundle

There is also the complete bundle for $143 that includes electric and erhu: https://cinesamples.com/productBundle/t ... ete-bundle

I went with the acoustic bundle.

joeyluck

22 Dec 2020

After playing with it for a bit, I can see myself using this for some projects. Sounds great :thumbs_up:

It's really hard for something like this to compete with the experience of playing SWAM strings and being able to perform my own vibratos, legato slides, etc. It simply offers so much more for expressiveness. But this is Tina Guo in my songs :)

I'm so used to SWAM in fact that it takes some getting used to playing a sampled solo cello. The legato creates a latent feel in both libraries; the first being slower and the second being faster, but still feels a bit laggy. And then the first library has a ton of vibrato, and the second has very little...

This will come I handy when I don't have my Seaboard Block with me. I think with the way it performs, it will serve less as a performance based instrument and something that I will likely have to tweak the timing for after recording. Playing it may feel different for others who aren't accustomed to something like SWAM.

esselfortium

22 Dec 2020

I own the Tina Guo vol. 1 cello, it's got a lot of feeling in the performance that makes it really nice for slow expressive melodic cello leads. It's a one-trick-pony for sure, but it's better at that one trick than anything else on the market.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

22 Dec 2020

esselfortium wrote:
22 Dec 2020
I own the Tina Guo vol. 1 cello, it's got a lot of feeling in the performance that makes it really nice for slow expressive melodic cello leads. It's a one-trick-pony for sure, but it's better at that one trick than anything else on the market.
Agreed. It sounds really good. I definitely need to get used to playing it the way it is intended.

I kind of want a combination of the two. Maybe I can create a multi or just sequence it that way... When I play vol 2, I wish my faster phrases ended in more expression/vibrato like vol 1. And then when I play vol 1, I wish I could play it faster lol. I'll get used to when I should use them and how :)

• Information