Arturia - Free Gift - Chorus JUN-6

Discuss VST stuff here!
tallguy

23 Dec 2020

It doesn't sound like my Juno-106. Specially the Chorus II is very different. But in the end, all that matters is how good it sounds, and it's fantastic. Just tried it on Repro-5. Oh. My. Word

dvdrtldg

23 Dec 2020

Got it, love it

But here's how it comes up on my screen (Reason 10.4, OS Catalina)

Controls along the top (Keep open, Screenshot, Automate etc) are obscured. Resizing the window doesn't help. What's up with that?

tallguy

23 Dec 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 Dec 2020

Controls along the top (Keep open, Screenshot, Automate etc) are obscured. Resizing the window doesn't help. What's up with that?
Seems to be a bug in the current release cycle of all Arturia's VSTs.

You can still click on the buttons, you just don't get the visual feedback.

Despondo
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Dec 2020
Grateful as I am to the OP for passing on this info, I'd just like to point out that "free gift" is a tautology
Good morning mister technical....Jeez! I just repeated what Arturia said...

Despondo
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 Dec 2020
Got it, love it

But here's how it comes up on my screen (Reason 10.4, OS Catalina)

I reported this already to Props as a bug. It happens on most of the new Arturia VST's (V Collection 8). They are aware of this and are looking into it to see if it is Arturia's issue or not.

miscend

23 Dec 2020

There's a web version of this plugin you can demo on Arturia's site. They're only the third developer I've seen do this now, this should be the new norm really for all plugins including synths.

DJMaytag

23 Dec 2020

tallguy wrote:
23 Dec 2020
It doesn't sound like my Juno-106. Specially the Chorus II is very different. But in the end, all that matters is how good it sounds, and it's fantastic. Just tried it on Repro-5. Oh. My. Word
That's because the Juno-60 chorus is VERY different than the Juno-106 Chorus, notably how you can only choose one of the two modes on a 106 vs stacking both on a 60.

I love my 106, but sold my 60 when I had both ages ago... which was dumb because the 60's chorus is SO much more lush than the 106's.

joeyluck

23 Dec 2020

I find it amusing that Arturia, who got their start and makes most of their money copying hardware into software clones, then complained when Behringer copied their hardware...then Arturia goes and commits copy-inception by copying others like TAL who already released a very similar, separate chorus plugin copied from the same hardware. Not complaining, but it is funny.

TAL and Roland should both tweet, "Seriously?" Lol

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
23 Dec 2020
I find it amusing that Arturia, who got their start and makes most of their money copying hardware into software clones, then complained when Behringer copied their hardware...then Arturia goes and commits copy-inception by copying others like TAL who already released a very similar, separate chorus plugin copied from the same hardware. Not complaining, but it is funny.

I find it amusing that whenever something free is released and people give their opinions on it that the people who say they don’t like it for whatever reason get labeled as “ungrateful” by (some of) the people who do.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

23 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Dec 2020
joeyluck wrote:
23 Dec 2020

I find it amusing that whenever something free is released and people give their opinions on it that the people who say they don’t like it for whatever reason get labeled as “ungrateful” by (some of) the people who do.
Did I miss something?

I will say that I think everybody should add everything that is free to their online accounts (except REs until we have the ability to choose what syncs when syncing all haha).

I've added this to my Arturia account, but not sure if and when I may download it. Ya never know, so I've claimed it. Might come in use in the future... Also, you never know what might possibly make someone eligible for some sort of upgrade/crossgrade later to something else that may interest you more...particularly in cases when something is free for a limited time and will hold value later.

miscend

24 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
23 Dec 2020

In Arturia's defence their chorus is very different to the TAL chorus. The I + II mode in the TAL Chorus is both choruses summed. Whereas on the Arturia its changes from triangle to a sine wave as well increasing the mod rate. The Arturia is more accurate to the original.

SebAudio

24 Dec 2020

miscend wrote:
24 Dec 2020
joeyluck wrote:
23 Dec 2020

In Arturia's defence their chorus is very different to the TAL chorus. The I + II mode in the TAL Chorus is both choruses summed. Whereas on the Arturia its changes from triangle to a sine wave as well increasing the mod rate. The Arturia is more accurate to the original.
Others too
https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.ht ... Code=P0D8E
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/chorus-60

Cloning, copying or being inspired by a « classic » is not exactly the same as cloning a less than 2 years old original product

EdGrip

24 Dec 2020

SebAudio wrote:
24 Dec 2020

Cloning, copying or being inspired by a « classic » is not exactly the same as cloning a less than 2 years old original product
Quite.
I'll have to grab this, just to see what it's like - because the TAL version is easily my most-used effect with synths. It's the ketchup I pour over everything and one of the best free VSTs out there.

joeyluck

24 Dec 2020

SebAudio wrote:
24 Dec 2020
miscend wrote:
24 Dec 2020

Others too
https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.ht ... Code=P0D8E
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/chorus-60

Well Keystep is actually about 4 years old. The Keystep is definitely inspired by other MIDI keyboards. It's not as original as something like a Roli Seaboard, which still borrows its layout from a piano. The Behringer isn't an exact clone either; it's black, it has different knobs, and will run different software. The Juno is a classic, but the concept of cloning just the chorus is certainly not as old. It doesn't matter how many people have done it, they did it before Arturia. So would it be better if more companies were copying Keystep? Maybe copying it helps to to make it a classic sooner? Lol. I'm not arguing for or against, it's just interesting.

• Information