Acustica Cerise channel strip FREE until Feb 14

Discuss VST stuff here!
dvdrtldg

21 Dec 2020

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store

Another cool plugin from Acustica, this one modeled on some vintage British transformer-based channel strip or other. Features M/S stereo spread, EQ, compressor, mic preamp

Like all Acustica plugins Cerise is pretty CPU hungry, but the sound is excellent - subtle but smooth, worth it if you've got the horsepower

arqui

21 Dec 2020

Exellent!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

miscend

21 Dec 2020

Looks excellent thanks. My only issue with AA plug-ins is that they are CPU hogs.

dvdrtldg

21 Dec 2020

miscend wrote:
21 Dec 2020
My only issue with AA plug-ins is that they are CPU hogs.
They really are, but I was reading something about how they use some sort of process where analogue hardware is sampled and then rendered inside the plugin. No idea how it works exactly, sounds maybe a little like the way a convolution reverb works. Anyway, hence the CPU load, and also the size of the thing itself, this one is +600MB. But I've got a few Acustica plugins now and they're all really impressive

Edit: actually I've been playing with this one for a few hours now, and it seems like the CPU hit isn't as bad as some of their other plugins. And the hi end & saturation are niiiiiiiiiiiice

miscend

22 Dec 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Dec 2020

Edit: actually I've been playing with this one for a few hours now, and it seems like the CPU hit isn't as bad as some of their other plugins. And the hi end & saturation are niiiiiiiiiiiice
Yeah now that I've checked it out the CPU hit is low for an AA plugin. The saturation is really good too.

Kalm

22 Dec 2020

I'm actually finishing a short video demoing Cerise on a lead vocal as we speak.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

MarkTarlton

22 Dec 2020

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of latency?

bypassing makes it glitch out for a couple seconds, it also happens on another plug in I got for free from them.

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

MarkTarlton wrote:
22 Dec 2020

bypassing makes it glitch out for a couple seconds, it also happens on another plug in I got for free from them.
Make sure you're using the low latency version if you want to play it live.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Kalm

23 Dec 2020

MarkTarlton wrote:
22 Dec 2020

That's the nature of their plugins. The more they update their CORE technology the better it gets, but essentially the plugin is cycling through libraries of impulses so a delay is inevitable. You can read about the technology on their website or in their manuals.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

They use long convolutions, so the lag/latency is the nature of this beast, and when you bypass it will always be a recovery time. In their newer generation I believe they add normal DSP with dynamic convolution, that is why the have nice sound but are DSP heavy, big latency, big downloads, knobs that have fixed positions (ie changing the convolution). So, good and bad with this approach.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information