Popey
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2022

EdGrip wrote:
21 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
21 Dec 2022
Good Me: Don't buy more stuff, you don't need it

GAS me: but Satin is on offer and you have been after it for ages. You need more tape options.

Good Me: you have chow tape, you don't need more than one tape emulation

GAS Me: spends £57 on satin.

Need more conviction in 2023 but Satin is fantastic 😂
Get behind me, Satin!
:D

dvdrtldg

21 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
21 Dec 2022

GAS me: but Satin is on offer and you have been after it for ages. You need more tape options.

Yeah definitely worth it. Satin is the best tape emulation of them all imo

I remember it was going to be the next u-He RE before everything went tits up

jam-s

21 Dec 2022

All hail Satin :exclamation: :twisted:

OK, I really don't need another tape or reel2reel plugin. (IKMM, PA, Waves and Arturia have me covered more than I like to admit. :oops: )

moalla

21 Dec 2022

The sale is till 10th of January, mhh I'm curious thinking about buying diva, just have most of the nicest RE Expanse, Complex, Parsec, JPS, Ivoks, Mono and Poly, PX7, Legend, Antidote, Basimilus, Skrock favs, Nostromo, Viking2, FM4, best cherry audio synths and brainworx Knifonium and SEM I ask myself of GAS do i need it, can it reproduce Arp 2500 sounds well enoigh, or is it better to save money and buy cherrys VM2500 collection!?

I'm sitting here, listening matayas stuff now at soundcloud and thinking like him, do i have the time and found creativity to use all the plugs that i own, especial when I realize when do you have used synths like Antidote last, in fact i bougt it more or less, cause it was highlighted enormous several years ago...

1200 Presets + hundreds of community presets only 89€ and getting bankrupt end of month.
aaarrrggg shitty GAS
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
21 Dec 2022

Yeah definitely worth it. Satin is the best tape emulation of them all imo

I remember it was going to be the next u-He RE before everything went tits up
Yeah it definitely is worth it. I had the demo version for ages and even resampled a few drums through it then using the individual drum parts in a sampler (without vinyl crackles from demo) so glad I actually own it now and can use it properly without the demo limitations. Surprised how good the delay section is as well.

EdGrip

22 Dec 2022

All the U-He synths are the absolute top of the game, both in sound and interface. They're all worth it, and we only "need" stock DAW synths ;)

Antidote remains one of the best REs ever made.

joeyluck

22 Dec 2022

In terms of GAS, plugins like u-he are great because you can install them before purchasing and open them whenever to just jam with them. There is no time limit, there is just intermittent noise. Then if you decide you actually need something, then you can buy it.

I've owned Zebra2 + Dark Zebra since Reason got VST support. I've got a free upgrade path to Zebra3 when it's released. I've had Diva and Hive installed on my computer most all of the time too, running them in demo mode. I haven't had any projects I had to use them on, but I open them every now and then for a quick synth jam.

moalla

22 Dec 2022

So it´s
joeyluck wrote:
22 Dec 2022
In terms of GAS, plugins like u-he are great because you can install them before purchasing and open them whenever to just jam with them. There is no time limit, there is just intermittent noise. Then if you decide you actually need something, then you can buy it.

I've owned Zebra2 + Dark Zebra since Reason got VST support. I've got a free upgrade path to Zebra3 when it's released. I've had Diva and Hive installed on my computer most all of the time too, running them in demo mode. I haven't had any projects I had to use them on, but I open them every now and then for a quick synth jam.
Okay, it´s a big preset slingshot, but if i look what are now my plans for music exploration in the near future. i´m mostly interested in sound design and mangeling for our music project, where one guy plays different pipes and string instruments with a RC505 and the other guy are jazz keyboarder, this plugin are mostly useless. Thanks for your GAS threatment. So maybee i will give VM2500 a try.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Galahad

23 Dec 2022

joeyluck wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Wow! I have Zebra2 and Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ and they are my favorites. The sounds of the Dark Knight!

Not sure if it works any differently if purchased through NI, but owning both with u-he guarantees you a free upgrade to Zebra3 whenever it is released. It's been in development for years.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that this deal applied if you had bought them before a certain date and that date was before the giveaway price they are at now. Giveaway when you consider all the sound banks that come with it. It's a great deal. Just can't decide between this and Hive 2 which also has a lot of praise. Zebra has so much history.
The Zebra package via NI is only about 10 percent cheaper than it's already, massively discounted regular price (and this exact same package exists already on the U-He site) but Hive 2 is about 50 percent cheaper. Probably more cost effective to go for the 50 percent reduction now on Hive then take Zebra at 10 percent more a little bit latter.
Last edited by Galahad on 23 Dec 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2022

Galahad wrote:
23 Dec 2022
joeyluck wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Wow! I have Zebra2 and Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ and they are my favorites. The sounds of the Dark Knight!

Not sure if it works any differently if purchased through NI, but owning both with u-he guarantees you a free upgrade to Zebra3 whenever it is released. It's been in development for years.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that this deal applied if you had bought them before a certain date and that date was before the giveaway price they are at now. Giveaway when you consider all the sound banks that come with it. It's a great deal. Just can't decide between this and Hive 2 which also has a lot of praise. Zebra has so much history.
The Zebra package via NI is only about 10 percent cheaper than it's already, massively discounted regular price but Hive 2 is about 50 percent cheaper. Probably more cost effective to go for the 50 percent reduction now on Hive then take Zebra at 10 percent more a little bit latter.
I have been considering zebra but if you buy the legacy version there is no upgrade path to zebra 3. I am awaiting confirmation from uhe if a second hand licence for zebra 2 will give me zebra legacy free and a £30 upgrade path to zebra 3. Their website does not mention the 15th Nov date so I am unsure of options (or if I can either find a second hand zebra 2)

Galahad

23 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
23 Dec 2022
Galahad wrote:
23 Dec 2022

The Zebra package via NI is only about 10 percent cheaper than it's already, massively discounted regular price but Hive 2 is about 50 percent cheaper. Probably more cost effective to go for the 50 percent reduction now on Hive then take Zebra at 10 percent more a little bit latter.
I have been considering zebra but if you buy the legacy version there is no upgrade path to zebra 3. I am awaiting confirmation from uhe if a second hand licence for zebra 2 will give me zebra legacy free and a £30 upgrade path to zebra 3. Their website does not mention the 15th Nov date so I am unsure of options (or if I can either find a second hand zebra 2)
Try Knobcloud website for second hand licenses. I just looked for Zebra and saw a license for about $170 so that's not going to work today but maybe tomorrow? It seems to be a good bookmark for such things.
I'm assuming Knobcloud is a legit site and isn't a banned site on RT as I haven't seen anything about it here yet.. although this is the only site I frequent on a social level so I probably found it here somewhere.

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2022

Galahad wrote:
23 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
23 Dec 2022

Try Knobcloud website for second hand licenses. I just looked for Zebra and saw a license for about $170 so that's not going to work today but maybe tomorrow? It seems to be a good bookmark for such things.
I'm assuming Knobcloud is a legit site and isn't a banned site on RT as I haven't seen anything about it here yet.. although this is the only site I frequent on a social level so I probably found it here somewhere.
Cheers for the heads up. Since I posted uhe responded saying a second hand zebra 2 licence would qualify for free zebra legacy and £30 zebra 3 upgrade.

• Information