Parawave Rapid on sale for 45% off

Discuss VST stuff here!
Chi-Individual

22 Nov 2020

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

I've been waiting for this one to go on sale. But I've been debating between Rapid and Pigments to buy. I know they are totally different beast but does any have any pros and cons or in-depth comparisons for both? I'm demoing both atm but feel like I'm may be missing some features that would rank one above the other since I'm mainly a preset user. Should I buy one or the other, both or neither? Please don't say neither :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Chi-Individual wrote:
22 Nov 2020
https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

I've been waiting for this one to go on sale. But I've been debating between Rapid and Pigments to buy. I know they are totally different beast but does any have any pros and cons or in-depth comparisons for both? I'm demoing both atm but feel like I'm may be missing some features that would rank one above the other since I'm mainly a preset user. Should I buy one or the other, both or neither? Please don't say neither :lol:
Gonna ask. How many synths have you already got? How many of them do you actually use? I think you know the answer to your question:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

I have rapid and pigments and love them both. You mentioned using presets and I guess if anything I tend to think rapids presets are quite edm focused (you can of course use them in other genre's). Rapid fx can be used separately as well and I quite like the reverbs especially. Pigments is a very capable synth too so you probably wouldnt be disappointed in either. Can you trial them?

Even if you were into designing your own patches they both offer easy sound design with rapid having lots of layers and pigments offering things like sample and hold modulation and more visual feedback.

BRIGGS

22 Nov 2020

20% theft :lol:
r11s

Chi-Individual

22 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Gonna ask. How many synths have you already got? How many of them do you actually use? I think you know the answer to your question:)
To answer your first question in 3 words: TOO DAMN MANY :lol:
I have R11 Suite and the only RE I'm missing is Friktion but I do like the sound of both synths. I use most of those when I get a sound I like. PX7 and Parsec are the ones that get left behind the most.
I also have Phase Plant, Spire, which I love. And I have a bunch of RE's Expanse and Antidote etc. So I'm stacked with needs. This is more wants since this is the only time of year I treat myself to some new gear.
Popey wrote:
22 Nov 2020
I have rapid and pigments and love them both. You mentioned using presets and I guess if anything I tend to think rapids presets are quite edm focused (you can of course use them in other genre's). Rapid fx can be used separately as well and I quite like the reverbs especially. Pigments is a very capable synth too so you probably wouldnt be disappointed in either. Can you trial them?

Even if you were into designing your own patches they both offer easy sound design with rapid having lots of layers and pigments offering things like sample and hold modulation and more visual feedback.
I am doing my demos right now atm. I have an older 2015 MacBook Pro so performance with both is heavy on CPU. I'm really looking for bang for buck and atm Rapid is ahead due to being able to use the FX sections separately. I need to look more into sample and hold since I don't really understand what that does and why it's important. These are things that might sway me one way or another.

Loque

23 Nov 2020

Didn't tried Rapid yet, but Pigments is not a high class synth. Vital has probably better and more features, Pigments feels limited everywhere and the patches are okayish. Pigments is a max 50 bucks synth imo.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

I'd also say look seriously at Vital. I think once folks start making presets etc this will be the go to wavetable synth. Not too many presets yet, but nice to work with (and that matters)

Second, SynthMaster One, sounds great and nice workflow, great presets.

Third, Fxpansion Strobe2 or Cypher2 - analog sound and VERY good sound and VERY good presets.

Pigments - I tried it but didn't like too many of the presets and not too happy with the workflow, and besides I have the presets in Analog Lab.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Chi-Individual

23 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
23 Nov 2020
I'd also say look seriously at Vital. I think once folks start making presets etc this will be the go to wavetable synth. Not too many presets yet, but nice to work with (and that matters)

Pigments - I tried it but didn't like too many of the presets and not too happy with the workflow, and besides I have the presets in Analog Lab.
I just missed the pre-sale for Vital. But from what I've seen and read on here it has sparked my interest.

Micha1973

23 Nov 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Didn't tried Rapid yet, but Pigments is not a high class synth. Vital has probably better and more features, Pigments feels limited everywhere and the patches are okayish. Pigments is a max 50 bucks synth imo.
i bougth Vital - one of the greatest synth in software i ever used
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

aftrshok99

23 Nov 2020

I've been on the fence in the past as far as picking up Rapid but first I need to check out Vital.
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

Loque

23 Nov 2020

Micha1973 wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2020
i bougth Vital - one of the greatest synth in software i ever used
Wow....that is a clear statement. Gotta try this thing sooner than later, hopefully within the next days.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

30 Nov 2020

Ok. I wanted to give Rapid a chance and just played around with it and as usual like a lot of other synths and fx, it took me only 5 minutes to find the first bug. I tried the resynthesis function and the dialog got stucked. No chance to exit it which is pretty bad, if you did not saved your work before...

Btw, i am still waiting for a fix of Dune3...

Sad, what an big amount of buggy software ppl and companies release today...
Reason12, Win10

• Information