kHs FLANGER time ! (Eh, a review, maybe...)

Discuss VST stuff here!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

kHs released their Snap-In Flanger not toooo long ago. But no YouTube video and no sound example on their website... (Them Swedes need a crash course in marketing :shock: ).
Not even a preset in Snap-Heap or Multi-Pass that I could find that used it, just no freaking way to try it out :roll:

Anyhoo, "them" meatball eating - Volvo hustling dudes sent me a coupon, guess, cuz I'm a nice person, and tempted me with a 'lil Snap-In upgrade, soooo I grabbed it, unheard - untested, for $5.50 bucks.

Come to papa Flanger and let's test - oh wow, surprise, it is really good! Lot's of fun knobs/settings and dropping it into multipass for some fast top end flange with a slower mid ranger flange - verrrrry nice. :D

Check it out! Oh, wait, you cannot :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

zumBeispiel

03 Nov 2020

Only an overview:

Loque

03 Nov 2020

Its really good. And i think you can also turn the LFOs completely off, well at least for the Motion. The Range cannot be turned off - they still need to understand, that this is usefull to have an LFO OFF from time to time...

Ah yea, was always hoping for a RE version :(
Reason12, Win10

motuscott

03 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
03 Nov 2020
kHs released their Snap-In Flanger not toooo long ago. But no YouTube video and no sound example on their website... (Them Swedes need a crash course in marketing :shock: ).
Not even a preset in Snap-Heap or Multi-Pass that I could find that used it, just no freaking way to try it out :roll:

Anyhoo, "them" meatball eating - Volvo hustling dudes sent me a coupon, guess, cuz I'm a nice person, and tempted me with a 'lil Snap-In upgrade, soooo I grabbed it, unheard - untested, for $5.50 bucks.

Come to papa Flanger and let's test - oh wow, surprise, it is really good! Lot's of fun knobs/settings and dropping it into multipass for some fast top end flange with a slower mid ranger flange - verrrrry nice. :D

I'll have what she's having
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
03 Nov 2020

Just out of interest, how many flangers did you already have?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

I've usually used the D16 flanger. But as ugly as it is, I might start to use the kHs quite a bit. Time will tell and it is sound material dependent. I really like how kHS gave you access to several very useful knobs.

And I agree with Loque, Flangers and Phasers should always have a LFO 0Hz setting, sometime a depth control can do it.

It can be your best EQ that way and/or do some creative automation without the LFO getting in the way. Perfect for transitions...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information