Plugin Alliance Halloween sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
tallguy

29 Oct 2020

Plugin Alliance are having a sale until November 3. Using the voucher code SPOOKY-2999 , you can get one of their plugins for $29.99. The code will only work once.

There's quite a long list of exceptions though: ADPTR AUDIO Streamliner, bx_console SSL 9000 J, AMEK EQ200, Bettermaker EQ232D, Gig Performer 3, Unfiltered Audio Bass-Mint, Shadow Hills Class A, KNIFONIUM
Last edited by tallguy on 02 Nov 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Ermitage

29 Oct 2020

UA Triad for 29$ is downright criminal. It's basically Bitwig in a plugin.

Loque

29 Oct 2020

I ask this again and again, whats worth to get from PA for 29+tax?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Nothing.That's the answer you're looking for right? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tallguy

29 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
BX Oberhausen, Mäag EQ4, Elysia nvelope, Elysia Karacter

Loque

29 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Nothing.That's the answer you're looking for right? :)
Yea, somehow...Knifonium might be interesting, but tbh 29 bucks would be my final price. With taxes on top its too much.

tallguy wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
BX Oberhausen, Mäag EQ4, Elysia nvelope, Elysia Karacter
Some say that the Oberhausen sounds great, but i have Arturia SEM and its already nice and i am rather eyeing Obsession. Mäag is just an EQ and i have Shapers, Amps and all that stuff more than i could ever use :-D. I might try Oberhausen, if the price is right and its the same as it is with Knifonium - without taxes, yea, i might get it.
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

29 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Some say that the Oberhausen sounds great, but i have Arturia SEM and its already nice and i am rather eyeing Obsession. Mäag is just an EQ and i have Shapers, Amps and all that stuff more than i could ever use :-D. I might try Oberhausen, if the price is right and its the same as it is with Knifonium - without taxes, yea, i might get it.
Oberhausen has unison, which works incredibly well with this type of synth. It changes the way you design sounds. There's a few more seemingly small differences, but in they make a huge difference in the way you work with them I find.

Knifonium is not include in this sale.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
It’s just GAS Loque. Be strong.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

29 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
I am. Didn't bought stuff since quite a while...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Oct 2020

I am. Didn't bought stuff since quite a while...
You've probably already got all the stuff you want. Wait until BF. That's a good time to buy the stuff you don't actually want hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arqui

29 Oct 2020

where can I see the list of exceptions?
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

tallguy

29 Oct 2020

arqui wrote:
29 Oct 2020
I wrote it in the opening post

arqui

29 Oct 2020

tallguy wrote:
29 Oct 2020
arqui wrote:
29 Oct 2020
I wrote it in the opening post
Thanks, I thought it was more extensive

PhillipOrdonez

29 Oct 2020

I thought I'd get the alpha compressor... But only for the soft clip... Then I thought maybe the karakter... It looks kind of meh... Anyone can tell what the SPL iron is good for? And how it compares to others?

MattLeschuck

29 Oct 2020

This may be a dumb question but is there no control over the effects in bx_oberhausen? I can hear what sounds like a plate reverb on almost every preset, yet i haven't found a way to turn it off. Am i missing something simple here?

tallguy

29 Oct 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
29 Oct 2020
This may be a dumb question but is there no control over the effects in bx_oberhausen? I can hear what sounds like a plate reverb on almost every preset, yet i haven't found a way to turn it off. Am i missing something simple here?
In the top left, the non-described icon right from the "100%" opens the controls for the FX, Arp and Mod matrix

MattLeschuck

29 Oct 2020

tallguy wrote:
29 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
29 Oct 2020
In the top left, the non-described icon right from the "100%" opens the controls for the FX, Arp and Mod matrix
Right on, thanks for pointing that out!

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

I bought Karacter in the last sale and it's become my most useful and favorite plugin. It's one of those "I should have bought this a loooooong time ago" plugins. And because I've been all about saturation and color lately, I also picked up the Opticom and that's another one I wish I discovered earlier. I also was a frequent user of Sample Magic's now discontinued AB, and PA has the successor to it (developed by the same guy) in the form of Metric AB and the metering options alone are worth it.

I'm waiting for Knifonium to get down to $29 then I'm going to jump on it. I have a feeling it'll be there on Black Friday.

As for what's left, I'm pretty much done with EQs and regular Comps, so I have my eye on DSM V3 because it's different and I've read a ton of good things about it, and then there's Phil's Cascade which is another Gearslutz favorite. I have this currently active goal of improving my mixing & mastering so I'm looking into those tools and PA has tons of them.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

tallguy

29 Oct 2020

hurricane wrote:
29 Oct 2020
I bought Karacter in the last sale and it's become my most useful and favorite plugin. It's one of those "I should have bought this a loooooong time ago" plugins...
100% agreed. I use it all the time. I’ve got quite a few saturation plugins, but Karacter by far is my most used one.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2020

tallguy wrote:
29 Oct 2020
hurricane wrote:
29 Oct 2020
I bought Karacter in the last sale and it's become my most useful and favorite plugin. It's one of those "I should have bought this a loooooong time ago" plugins...
100% agreed. I use it all the time. I’ve got quite a few saturation plugins, but Karacter by far is my most used one.
Yeah, I have demoed it, it is nice. But try to add Nick Crow Lab TubeDriver first and then Karacter in M/S mode. NCL is free and it is sooo good, and it has more tone shaoing but no M/S, and driving in two stages makes it easier to dial in the tone.

I picked up BlackBox for 25 bucks last week, and I have VSM-3 from before so I'm pretty saturated with the best saturators :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

tallguy

30 Oct 2020

Boombastix wrote:
30 Oct 2020

Yeah, I have demoed it, it is nice. But try to add Nick Crow Lab TubeDriver first and then Karacter in M/S mode. NCL is free and it is sooo good, and it has more tone shaoing but no M/S, and driving in two stages makes it easier to dial in the tone
OMG, I had never even heard of NCL Tubedriver. That thing sounds amazing, it gives a lot of commercial plugins a run for their money. There's a few weird things about it like the wet/dry knob reducing the volume when you set it to dry, but it delivers where it counts. Thanks for the tip.

moneykube

30 Oct 2020

checked the products for 29 bucks last day... not impressed with any of the demos
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

arqui

30 Oct 2020

hurricane wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Sample Magic's now discontinued AB, and PA has the successor to it (developed by the same guy) in the form of Metric AB and the metering options alone are worth it.
PA Metric AB ADPTR is AMAZING!!!

stuk71

30 Oct 2020

tallguy wrote:
30 Oct 2020
Boombastix wrote:
30 Oct 2020

Yeah, I have demoed it, it is nice. But try to add Nick Crow Lab TubeDriver first and then Karacter in M/S mode. NCL is free and it is sooo good, and it has more tone shaoing but no M/S, and driving in two stages makes it easier to dial in the tone
OMG, I had never even heard of NCL Tubedriver. That thing sounds amazing, it gives a lot of commercial plugins a run for their money. There's a few weird things about it like the wet/dry knob reducing the volume when you set it to dry, but it delivers where it counts. Thanks for the tip.
I can't get Reason to recognise the NCL VST... maybe its not compliant with Catalina?

• Information