Waves V12 - share info here!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2020

Waves v12 just came out. Resizable UI, Mac retina.
Seems the scaling is using the old pixelated graphics so if you look closely it is a bit blurry, but I guess it is about bringing back the UI size to "normal" if using a 4k monitor and not getting big UI on a 1080p monitor (or shall we say bigger than originally designed). 125% seems quite OK though on a 1080p, but not IK TR5 clarity. This is probably the "preview of Reason 12 graphics" too. So get prepared... But I think it works. And I'm sure 90% will be commenting sour comments, the nature of internet...

* StudioRack v11 can run v12 as well.
* You can still install v11, even if updating to v12

Questions:
* Reason 10 is not listed for Waves v12 - so, does it run? (Waves v11 does not list Reason 10 either, but it runs well for me)
* The "get a 2nd plugin" with v12, is it "forever" or just while WUP is active?
* To update the plugins with active WUP, can I do that but just leave everything in Waves Central on v11, just so I get the v12 updates i can get for free, but hold off until functionality across DAW/OS are fully confirmed? (I do not like to be an early adaptor guineapig)

Here is the FAQ: https://www.waves.com/support/waves-v12 ... -questions
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Despondo
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2020

Boombastix wrote:
19 Oct 2020
Questions:
* Reason 10 is not listed for Waves v12 - so, does it run? (Waves v11 does not list Reason 10 either, but it runs well for me)
* The "get a 2nd plugin" with v12, is it "forever" or just while WUP is active?
* To update the plugins with active WUP, can I do that but just leave everything in Waves Central on v11, just so I get the v12 updates i can get for free, but hold off until functionality across DAW/OS are fully confirmed? (I do not like to be an early adaptor
I updated the plugins that I could for free from 11 to 12. So far, not impressed with the ability to scale. Same old bitmaps, just bigger. They need to really improve this before I'd consider spending money on the WUP for the rest of my v10 and v11 plugins. So far, they seem to run fine in Reason 11.

To answer your second question:
Register Second Licenses for Your Products
Please select the products for which you wish to receive a 2nd license.

Your 2nd license for a product will remain valid only as long as your Waves Update Plan coverage for that product remains current.

Only products with current Waves Update Plan coverage are eligible for this option. If you do not see the product(s) for which you want 2nd licenses, you can renew your Waves Update Plan for those products.

The following products are not eligible for a 2nd license: eMotion LV1, SuperRack, MultiRack, SoundGrid Rack for Venue, SoundGrid Studio, and Waves Subscriptions (including Waves Music Maker Access and 5-Pack products).

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2020

Despondo wrote:
19 Oct 2020
So far, not impressed with the ability to scale. Same old bitmaps, just bigger. They need to really improve this before I'd consider spending money on the WUP for the rest of my v10 and v11 plugins. So far, they seem to run fine in Reason 11.

To answer your second question:
Your 2nd license for a product will remain valid only as long as your Waves Update Plan coverage for that product remains current.
Only products with current Waves Update Plan coverage are eligible for this option.
Thanks! Kinda trash they advertise the 2nd plugin as "a new feature", since the 2nd plug with WUP was already introduced as while back.
And yeah, it seems v12 graphics will not impress you, but appears usable at 125%, though not worth to spill money on, unless you are on 4k and desperate :shock: . I'd rather grab another $29 and new plugin than upgrade the older ones for this, :lol:

Alright, just need to figure out it runs smooth in Reason 10.4 together with Waves StudioRack before I do the free upgrades. Any R10.4 guinea pigs out there? :o

PhillipOrdonez

19 Oct 2020

How much does upgrading cost? Is it per plugin?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
19 Oct 2020
How much does upgrading cost? Is it per plugin?
Check in your Waves account, but yes, you can upgrade just a single plugin. The upgrade cost per plugin may drop if you choose more at the same time, just click around and you'll see.

dvdrtldg

19 Oct 2020

I just upgraded all my v11 licenses to v12, and now I can't install them, Waves Central keeps crashing

*sigh* technology

ltbrunt00

19 Oct 2020

I'll wait on this, saving my money for the next Reason update and the Kontakt Ultimate upgrade on sale. Which ever comes first.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
19 Oct 2020
I just upgraded all my v11 licenses to v12, and now I can't install them, Waves Central keeps crashing

*sigh* technology
My Waves Central was updated today. Make sure you have your updated. Maybe just manually download the latest.

stuk71

20 Oct 2020

I only have 5 Waves VST and they all upgraded to v12 for free. So I would definitely check out your Waves central to see which, if not all are eligible.

Billy+

20 Oct 2020

stuk71

20 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Oct 2020
:lol: :lol:

MattLeschuck

20 Oct 2020

The scaling looks really bad.. Its stretched not scaled, so everything becomes blurry the further you go.. Not impressed. I really like F6 and was hoping to take advantage of the new feature, but it just looks bad.

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

They're definitely blurry but it's not that bad. Legibility is still there and it's not like they're unusable when they're zoomed. Wouldn't update my WUP for this though. For me to update, I would need WAY more new features than just a resizable interface and a tweaked browser - DO YOU HEAR ME, REASON STUDIOS?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

miscend

20 Oct 2020

My advice is not to upgrade unless you really need to have MacOS Big Sur. I've stuck with v11 and v10 no issues here.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2020

So I did it. Upgraded ALL my v11 to V12 (those that was recent enough to still be under WUP). A couple of clicks, and done, no glitches.

I set the UI to 125% for most and it is much better for those UI's that were a bit small (I'm on std HD res monitor, not 4k). Yeah, you loose a little crispness, but not a big deal, and it was free...

Especially the GTR pedals could be a bit bigger. AND, if you set StudioRack to 125%, all the pedals follow the size of StudioRack :thumbs_up:
Every other UI has its own size setting and that works also inside StudioRack, ie each UI retains it size setting (except pedals that is, they follow StudioRack).

The search is useful too as Waves usually has plenty of presets, and after a search you just use the downkey and next is loaded. Works fine.

This was done in reason v10.4 on Windows 10.
I'm not paying any WuP since it is pretty expensive for what it gives, but for those who have plugins under WuP...

Iggster

22 Dec 2020

Just wondered what you did to get the v12 Waves plugins to work with Reason 10.4?

I’m seeing all my Waves v11 plugins are listed but I bought a few during the recent Black Friday sales (Renaissance Bass, Vitamin, etc) which are coming up as v12 on Waves Central so can’t open them!

Is there a work-round?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2020

I'm in Windows 10 and did nothing, just installed.

Iggster

23 Dec 2020

Strange. I'm also Windows 10.

Reason has been throwing some weird Unexpected Exception errors since installing and scanning plugins.

Did you have V11 versions of the same plugins beforehand?

I've only just found the V11 legacy files on the Waves website for the V12 ones which i'm having problems with but they're still not appearing in Reason so going to uninstall all V12 versions and start from V11.

• Information