Reason DAW needs to host VST3 plugins soon please

Discuss VST stuff here!
groggy1

02 Oct 2020

Hi, there are more VSTs that have been released as *VST3* only recently...

1) New Native Instruments Super 8 R2
2) Latest version of Melodyne dropped vst2
3) Even Roland Cloud is vst3 only on Windows now (TR-606 doesn't seem to have vst2 on windows)

This seems to be accelerating in past few months. I really hope that next point-update of Reason takes on ability to host vst3 plugins

Anyone else seeing this trend of vst3-only lately for new plugins companies are releasing?

moneykube

02 Oct 2020

all new plugs appear to be vst3... so yes... rs... make it so please
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

arqui

02 Oct 2020

an absolute must !!! in Reason 11 the auxiliary input broke, (3 and 4) for example in iZotope products (It worked fine in Reason 10), which should not happen in a VST3 plugin. They opened VST2 and it was a very important decision, which I celebrated ... I don't know if its implementation is very difficult due to its programming structure, but it would be something that they should consider, since developers are increasingly targeting that format. ..
Cheers
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Oquasec

02 Oct 2020

They will def need to rewrite that bridge. Cuz vst3 is not written like vst 2...
The plugin version of reason is using practically the same syntax as the daw I believe.
Which was def not the case for vst 2.
----
Which even explains why this didn't come in the old days.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2020

AU support on mac should have been there from the beginning.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

miscend

03 Oct 2020

For now you can us this

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7519386

stuk71

03 Oct 2020

I recently purchased a Nektar Panorama T4 which came with their plug-in software Nektarine... I was very surprised to see it would load VST3 into Reason (I like Roland and I’m on a Mac :cool: ).

Initially I thought why didn’t I know about Nektarine before I must tell everyone at ReasonTalk, but seems its only available if you have purchased a Panorama series keyboard.

If a piece of third party software can implement VST3 into Reason flawlessly, then surely it can’t be too difficult to implement it into native Reason... I am no programmer so what do I know!

But yes... I’m hoping that VST 3 support in Reason is a priority for ReasonStudio devs. Also being about to route midi to and from VST plugins would be most welcome to.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2020

stuk71 wrote:
03 Oct 2020
I recently purchased a Nektar Panorama T4 which came with their plug-in software Nektarine... I was very surprised to see it would load VST3 into Reason (I like Roland and I’m on a Mac :cool: ).

Initially I thought why didn’t I know about Nektarine before I must tell everyone at ReasonTalk, but seems its only available if you have purchased a Panorama series keyboard.

If a piece of third party software can implement VST3 into Reason flawlessly, then surely it can’t be too difficult to implement it into native Reason... I am no programmer so what do I know!

But yes... I’m hoping that VST 3 support in Reason is a priority for ReasonStudio devs. Also being about to route midi to and from VST plugins would be most welcome to.
Nektarine is pretty good but it only loads instruments. You can’t load effects.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information