iZotope Neoverb

Discuss VST stuff here!

Loque

01 Oct 2020

Innovative. Blends 3 reverbs and adds an EQ. The result sounds the same as 90% of each other reverb. All that for cheap 200 bucks intro price.

I can't read that useles marketing buzzwords bullsh!t bingo anymore without throwing up...
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2020

$99 loyalty offer, but they still have no idea I own several Exponential Audio plugins.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

02 Oct 2020

hurricane wrote:
01 Oct 2020
$99 loyalty offer, but they still have no idea I own several Exponential Audio plugins.
They say they do... *shrugs*

To see them spending time to make this, but the Exponential Audio reverb plugins aren't updated and bugs fixed, is a bummer. And as you mention, the handling of the licenses is still separate and wonky. Perhaps this means updates are around the corner? Hopefully not in paid upgrades though... I don't need PhoenixVerb 2.

I just listened to the demos for Neoverb and I'm confused... I don't like any of the results after the effect. Each one of the examples sounds inappropriate for the source and context of the mix.

Ermitage

02 Oct 2020

"Reverb Assistant"

Haha, I see they're still trying to cash in on the AI hype. The one in Neutron/Ozone is complete pants and I'm sure this one is no different.

stuk71

02 Oct 2020

Picked this up in the MPS4 upgrade - looking forward to playing with it

*although MPS4 is not authorising through the Izotope portal at the moment :?

Aosta

02 Oct 2020

If anyone is interested?

Tend the flame

hauckmarion

02 Oct 2020

iZotope is one of my favorite FL plugins.
I am Frank, living and working in Las Vegas. My main hobby is fishing, though my hobby isn't connected with my job at all. I am working as a rewriter https://smartessayrewriter.com/.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2020

Strange pricing and design choices. So Exponential Audio's algo's, means great sound. Especially for short spaces, they are some of the best doing that.

But fewer controls than a $9 PhoenixVerb.

No modulation or saturation of the tail...
No ducking (like Exponential Audio R4)...
No deesser (pretty useful when used for vocals, like Waves H-verb)...
No modulation (like Arturia's Intensity reverb)...
No delay...

$200 bucks for new users, and $100 for existing customers, and you get, over my $9 PhoenixVerb,
* A nicer UI
* An EQ
* Both L AND R sides connecting in Reason (Get on it iZotope - FIX THAT!) :shock:

Good algorithms, designed mainly for noobs, but very expensive. That will be a hard sell IMO... It is a Nah from me.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

adfielding

05 Oct 2020

Boombastix wrote:
04 Oct 2020
Good algorithms, designed mainly for noobs, but very expensive. That will be a hard sell IMO... It is a Nah from me.
It's an Izotope plugin, it'll almost certainly be on a deep discount within a month or two.

BananaSkins

05 Oct 2020

It will be on PluginBoutique for 9 bucks next year!

I’ve just trialed it using it on a completed mix that is now ready to master. It did nothing to enhance it so my ears have said don’t buy it :)

Billy+

05 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
05 Oct 2020
Boombastix wrote:
04 Oct 2020
It's an Izotope plugin, it'll almost certainly be on a deep discount within a month or two.
It's been on massive discount since release £85 instead of $250 with $50 off at izotope official site.

And it's definitely for the reverb noob which is not a bad thing but does make it harder to dial in changes to the overall sound once you've found something you like but just want to change it up a little

The only benefit I see was the massive discount on the R4 and getting Trash 2 for free. Can't wait to play with the freeze function on the R4 ;)

This one looks more interesting

Boombastix
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
05 Oct 2020
adfielding wrote:
05 Oct 2020

It's been on massive discount since release £85 instead of $250 with $50 off at izotope official site.

And it's definitely for the reverb noob which is not a bad thing but does make it harder to dial in changes to the overall sound once you've found something you like but just want to change it up a little

The only benefit I see was the massive discount on the R4 and getting Trash 2 for free. Can't wait to play with the freeze function on the R4 ;)

This one looks more interesting
If you are in the market for a new reverb look at Arturia's Intensity before you decide. The modulation is innovative and useful, sounds great too.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2022

$21 with code GROUP in JRR just now if anyone is interested.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information