One of the best Reverbs R4 on sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

I like Phoenix Verb for small spaces, best sounding reverb I have for that. But then R4 doesn't add that much.

I will start to experiment building my own reverb config in the Waves Rack using H-reverb.
Hard tuning vocals before the reverb
Deessing vocals before
Eq vocals before (with dynamic F6 even)
Distortion before
Chorus after
Stereo spread after
Flanger after
Delay after
Distortion on the Side channel after

Check check and check, set up a few macros, Save as a preset for use in any DAW.
Parallel channels, mid/side, try ideas, change them, do multiband, yada yada...

All that with H reverb and GTR3 pedals at the center. Very hard to beat and zero additional cost once you have a few of them plugs.

If a YouTuber eventually gets this they could do a channel on just making Waves Rack patches :o
Add the kHs Mult-pass for the times you want more LFO driven, trance gated filters and stuff, then yeah, endless stuff that is highly usable and EASY TO RECALL...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

:thumbs_up:

guitfnky wrote:
26 Sep 2020
thanks for this--picked it up this morning, despite having to call my bank to clear the transaction. :?

this thing sounds awesome! I bought Valhalla Room a couple of weeks ago, and it sounds great too, but I'm finding it a bit trickier than it should be to dial in my own sounds with it. R4 so far seems to do what I'm expecting it to when I tweak knobs, despite having WAY more of them. :lol:

TBH, I actually like the look of it too--more so than Valhalla. the only gripe with the GUI is that it would be nice to have custom zoom levels (maybe there are?) so far, I've only found it at the normal zoom and what seems like 4x size, which is a little bit too big. I'm old enough, but not that old. :shock:

stuk71

26 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Have you tested automation etc ?
Automation works as other VST do in Reason.

I may not be the most experienced, but R4 sounds very good to me (once connected up correctly that is) .

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

stuk71 wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Billy wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Have you tested automation etc ?
Automation works as other VST do in Reason.

I may not be the most experienced, but R4 sounds very good to me (once connected up correctly that is) .

joeyluck

26 Sep 2020

Hey just a reminder—be careful when editing quotes ;) There's lots of broken comments in this thread and some others. In these forums, nested quotes are automatically capped at 2, so there typically is no need to edit and try to remove quotes.

If for whatever reason you make edits, such as breaking up a quote to interject responses, please double check with the 'preview' option to be sure you didn't break anything.

Carry on :)

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Hey just a reminder—be careful when editing quotes ;) There's lots of broken comments in this thread and some others. In these forums, nested quotes are automatically capped at 2, so there typically is no need to edit and try to remove quotes.

If for whatever reason you make edits, such as breaking up a quote to interject responses, please double check with the 'preview' option to be sure you didn't break anything.

Carry on :)

Billy+

30 Sep 2020

Dame couldn't resist any longer, I take it all you other people who purchased also got your free copy of trash2, what's it like under Reason?

I'm hoping that the weather is better in the morning so i can install, but for now it's waiting for me in my account :roll:

Sorry Adam still haven't got DR1 decided on R4 :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
30 Sep 2020
Dame couldn't resist any longer, I take it all you other people who purchased also got your free copy of trash2, what's it like under Reason?

I'm hoping that the weather is better in the morning so i can install, but for now it's waiting for me in my account :roll:

Trash 2 is great. Works no problem in Reason. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

30 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Sep 2020
Billy wrote:
30 Sep 2020

Trash 2 is great. Works no problem in Reason. :)
Thanks MR Figg :thumbs_up:

• Information