One of the best Reverbs R4 on sale

Discuss VST stuff here!

stuk71

26 Sep 2020

Much thanks :thumbs_up:

Amazing reverb :exclamation:

Billy+

26 Sep 2020

I'm very interested in this reverb and the price looks great, only I'm a little puzzled by the whole "any effect" has anyone taken up this offer? Do I need to buy something at the same time or how do I check that any of the other products I own are valid to make the purchase.

Loque

26 Sep 2020

What are the other "one of the best" reverbs out there?

I ask, because i did not heard anything special, the GUI is uber ugly and the workflow is hoorible. Not even worth mentioning, that this thing is very old.
Reason12, Win10

stuk71

26 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
26 Sep 2020
I'm very interested in this reverb and the price looks great, only I'm a little puzzled by the whole "any effect" has anyone taken up this offer? Do I need to buy something at the same time or how do I check that any of the other products I own are valid to make the purchase.
Yes I picked it up this morning, on its own without additional effects. I have picked up various different VST from Plug-in boutique before.

I also wondered how and what qualifies, but I figured if you didn’t qualify then the deal wouldn’t show?

zoidkirb

26 Sep 2020

Released in 2017, so not that old really.
I'll still pass, as there's nothing really to grab me after already owning it's little brother Phoenix. I prefer convolution reverb anyway.

Billy+

26 Sep 2020

stuk71 wrote:
26 Sep 2020

Yes I picked it up this morning, on its own without additional effects. I have picked up various different VST from Plug-in boutique before.

I also wondered how and what qualifies, but I figured if you didn’t qualify then the deal wouldn’t show?
Handy to know, will have to login and buy I guess then just hope my previous purchases cover me.

Have you tested automation etc ?

Billy+

26 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
26 Sep 2020

I ask, because i did not heard anything special, the GUI is uber ugly and the workflow is hoorible. Not even worth mentioning, that this thing is very old.
I'm fine with minimal ugly UI, I would rather my system resources are being used for audio rather than 3D knobs and shadows ;)

selig
RE Developer

26 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
26 Sep 2020
I'm fine with minimal ugly UI, I would rather my system resources are being used for audio rather than 3D knobs and shadows ;)
Just a side note, but the same number of pixels/redraw is involved whether it’s a line art or photo-realistic knob in Reason. Resources ARE used for animated graphics such as meters etc, but even those the don’t change with graphics complexity. Same number of animated pixels = same cpu hit.
Selig Audio, LLC

MattLeschuck

26 Sep 2020

This and Nimbus are my two favorite Reverbs (over Valhalla stuff and anything in Reason i own). It's a great deal. Just a heads up, for some reason this and Nimbus wire in mono by default when adding it in Reason. You have to physically wire it in Stereo. I wrote izotope about this a while back and they just kinda shrugged their shoulders.

Loque

26 Sep 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
26 Sep 2020
This and Nimbus are my two favorite Reverbs (over Valhalla stuff and anything in Reason i own). It's a great deal. Just a heads up, for some reason this and Nimbus wire in mono by default when adding it in Reason. You have to physically wire it in Stereo. I wrote izotope about this a while back and they just kinda shrugged their shoulders.
This is a known bug and they said they want to fix it...they said this since quite a long while now...
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

For a long time I didn't even notice and was super disappointed in how they sounded (I own Phoenix and R4). Fast forward to today, they're my favorite reverbs (when wired up properly)!
FYI, the cabling messes up again once you move them to a different place in the chain while holding down shift. Always double check.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

I meant the company as a whole make some of best reverbs that are used in movies. I like how you can dial in space without a lot of reverb tail.

Loque wrote:
26 Sep 2020

Loque

26 Sep 2020

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
I meant the company as a whole make some of best reverbs that are used in movies. I like how you can dial in space without a lot of reverb tail.

Loque wrote:
26 Sep 2020

Which company? iZotope? :lol:
Nevermind, i skip this. I regreted already Phonix and that other cheap modulator thing from Exponential Audio. They make crap devices IMO. Maybe they were top notch 20 years ago.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020

Nevermind, i skip this. I regreted already Phonix and that other cheap modulator thing from Exponential Audio. They make crap devices IMO. Maybe they were top notch 20 years ago.
Excalibur?? Yep. Buyers remorse here.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

26 Sep 2020

thanks for this--picked it up this morning, despite having to call my bank to clear the transaction. :?

this thing sounds awesome! I bought Valhalla Room a couple of weeks ago, and it sounds great too, but I'm finding it a bit trickier than it should be to dial in my own sounds with it. R4 so far seems to do what I'm expecting it to when I tweak knobs, despite having WAY more of them. :lol:

TBH, I actually like the look of it too--more so than Valhalla. the only gripe with the GUI is that it would be nice to have custom zoom levels (maybe there are?) so far, I've only found it at the normal zoom and what seems like 4x size, which is a little bit too big. I'm old enough, but not that old. :shock:
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

26 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Loque wrote:
26 Sep 2020

Excalibur?? Yep. Buyers remorse here.
Yea, i think thats the name. It was also one of the best...20 years ago...with no competitors...
Reason12, Win10

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

You just don’t know how to use obviously because it’s a $300 reverb for a reason and other people like it too in this thread. Not everyone knows how to use reverbs.

quote=Loque post_id=519859 time=1601145696 user_id=7263]
Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020

[/quote]

Loque

26 Sep 2020

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
You just don’t know how to use obviously because it’s a $300 reverb for a reason and other people like it too in this thread. Not everyone knows how to use reverbs.

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020

[/quote]
Sorry, 300 $ does not impress me...Every plugin at plugin alliance is 300 and most of them are max worth 30 bucks. If it works for you, fine. And you know, its currently worth 29 ;-) Thats why i ask, what are the other "one of the best"...Would be suprised if that reverb would make my mixes better.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Hahahaha. You should be working for Softube.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

To each his own sounds good to me and will put it in my toolbox 🧰

[/quote]
[/quote]
Sorry, 300 $ does not impress me...Every plugin at plugin alliance is 300 and most of them are max worth 30 bucks. If it works for you, fine. And you know, its currently worth 29 ;-) Thats why i ask, what are the other "one of the best"...Would be suprised if that reverb would make my mixes better.
[/quote]

Loque

26 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Hahahaha. You should be working for Softube.
Lol...yea, i thought something similar :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

Nah I just hate people who can’t use plugins and give out false information. Everything is subjective but it’s some vst’s you just can’t debate with. Like if someone complained about Fabfilter or Reason crashing a lot, 99% of the time it’s user error.

PS I’m at the DPS office renewing my CDL on phone.
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 26 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

26 Sep 2020

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Nah I just hate people who can’t use plugins and give out false information
Who gave any false or wrong information here?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Nah I just hate people who can’t use plugins and give out false information
Who gave any false or wrong information here?
Leave it Loque. It’s not worth it Hahahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information