Kilohearts Multipass for 29

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

25 Sep 2020

Get it for 29 bucks atm:
https://kilohearts.com/products/multipass ~29
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Multipass ~28
(Maybe jrrshop will get the sale too...so maybe wait a few moments and use the usuabl coupons than)

If you already have a few snapins from khs, you get a full multiband modulation suite with your fx. Can be very interesting, if you have some of their EQs or filters, but all other snapins will defently find their place in here...

If you only have the RE, ask for a crossgrade...

And btw, nothing is wrong to get the full bundle...but ofc the price neds to be right ;)
Reason12, Win10

fieldframe
RE Developer

25 Sep 2020

I'm surprised at how bad that product page is. What effects does it come with? Is it really just the six "snap-ins" outlined at the bottom of the page, and the pitch-shifting, etc. they mention further up the page requires the purchase of additional modules?

Loque

25 Sep 2020

fieldframe wrote:
25 Sep 2020
I'm surprised at how bad that product page is. What effects does it come with? Is it really just the six "snap-ins" outlined at the bottom of the page, and the pitch-shifting, etc. they mention further up the page requires the purchase of additional modules?
Its just the Multipass plugin. You candownload the Free Toolbox and can use it with Multipass or Snapheap:
https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_toolbox#free

The other snap ins need to be payed and they can be used as VST standalone. Additionally all the snapins can be used in Snapheap (Combinator-like thing with modulation stuff), Multipass (this sale, like Snapheap but with multiband) and PhasePlant.

...And SnapHeap is free...try it, like it and buy the multiband version Multipass if you like for 29 bucks.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2020

Sometimes they sell the original snap-in bundle for $99. Even saw the mult-pass with snap-ins for 99, but only once. Some of the newer snap-ins are probably extra, so probably 150-ish to get them all now (excl EQs), or would be 200 with Disperser/Faturator (not sure)?

I may grab it a bit reluctantly, because too many of the snap-ins are meh and the Waves Rack is better with mid/side and much more flexible routing. In Waves I can do a 2 way multiband going into a 6 band multiband going into a mid/side as an example, Mult-pass is fixed to one routing in comparison.

kHs has LFOs, Waves doesn't, but then individual Waves plugins does have built-in modulation in many cases, kHs doesn't.

Individual Waves plugs are better, but in the Rack/Mult-Pass the value is "the sum is better than it's parts", so it is useful none the less.

I hope the presets in mult-pass are interesting, so may be worth 29 bucks for that.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2020

By the way, PiB has it on sale during next month, so maybe hold off to see what the next PiB freebie is if you already bought something this month.

Loque

25 Sep 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Sep 2020
Sometimes they sell the original snap-in bundle for $99. Even saw the mult-pass with snap-ins for 99, but only once. Some of the newer snap-ins are probably extra, so probably 150-ish to get them all now (excl EQs), or would be 200 with Disperser/Faturator (not sure)?

I may grab it a bit reluctantly, because too many of the snap-ins are meh and the Waves Rack is better with mid/side and much more flexible routing. In Waves I can do a 2 way multiband going into a 6 band multiband going into a mid/side as an example, Mult-pass is fixed to one routing in comparison.

kHs has LFOs, Waves doesn't, but then individual Waves plugins does have built-in modulation in many cases, kHs doesn't.

Individual Waves plugs are better, but in the Rack/Mult-Pass the value is "the sum is better than it's parts", so it is useful none the less.

I hope the presets in mult-pass are interesting, so may be worth 29 bucks for that.
Did not tried yet, but AFAIK you can have them all in each one. Like you can have aSnapheap in Snapheap and so on...gotta try with Mulitpass...one moment...

Yea, works fine...endless chaining and combining...
ininin.jpg
ininin.jpg (207.31 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2020

Did not tried yet, but AFAIK you can have them all in each one. Like you can have aSnapheap in Snapheap and so on...gotta try with Mulitpass...one moment...

Yea, works fine...endless chaining and combining...
ininin.jpg
Ah, yeah. They introduced that not too long ago, hmmm, makes the 29 bucks more attractive actually since I have the snap-in bundle.

The cool thing is to make a few patches and then open them up in a new patch and have the Trance Gate control and alternate them with a rhythmic on/off.

MattLeschuck

26 Sep 2020

Snagged this and loving it so far. I own all but a couple snap ins already so it works very well for me. Because of the dual LFO's and and an envelope shaper i find it has a different use than Studio Rack from Waves. I can get much more creative with it fast. Thats what i have always liked about Kilohearts stuff. Super efficient at getting good results, low low CPU usage, and easy to navigate interfaces. Some may find the look boring but i appreciate the super simple design.

Loque

08 Mar 2021

Reason12, Win10

Sterioevo

08 Mar 2021

I have spent a bit of coin on kHs RE's over the years. What does this offer that the RRP does not?

ab459

08 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2021
Grab it with PBMULTIPASS
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ge-nosto-2
Sorry PBMULTIPASS is some code for discount or what.

Loque

08 Mar 2021

ab459 wrote:
08 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2021
Grab it with PBMULTIPASS
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ge-nosto-2
Discount code, yes.
Reason12, Win10

ab459

08 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2021
ab459 wrote:
08 Mar 2021

Discount code, yes.
Oh all ok got it (just compared sale with one that was in sept past year, yes was the same, bought then, very good thing)

ab459

08 Mar 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
08 Mar 2021
I have spent a bit of coin on kHs RE's over the years. What does this offer that the RRP does not?
Mainly the deal in convenience as always. Multipass has very good coding by feelings, i suppose like rest Khz stuff. Lack of cpu usage, buggy free, ready multiband mangling. Good (alive) support.
Secondly, very great developed cross-modulation system, and i liked how it does at high time rates, it's character seemed to me fresh a bit.
+Sidechain (that can be ajust for each band separately resp.). + some modulation by pitch of incoming signal (did not explore it enough yet).. and much more.
Why not. For retail value i'm not sure though, but for 20-30 bucks it's steal imo.

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2021

Picked this up the other day and already love it. So much fun tweaking a sound or drum loop in multi bands and had many happy accidents already using stuff like trance gates in higher frequencies. Already having phaseplant and most of the snapins this is a really flexible tool. Just need to see if dispersor and the eq are worth getting to complete the toolbox.

jam-s

21 Mar 2021

Isn't Multipass just a less versatile Combinator with an included 4-band splitter? Does not sound very interesting to me to be honest.

Loque

21 Mar 2021

jam-s wrote:
21 Mar 2021
Isn't Multipass just a less versatile Combinator with an included 4-band splitter? Does not sound very interesting to me to be honest.
Its pretty good. You have 5 bands, pre and post fx, solo/mute, LFOs, Envelop follower, MIDI control, 8 Macro controls, global Mix, latency compensation and phase correction and on top, you can have Multipass inside Multipass inside Multipass...
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

21 Mar 2021

But you can only use kHz snap-ins in it, thus without the FX toolbox it's rather limited in functionality, right?

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2021

jam-s wrote:
21 Mar 2021
But you can only use kHz snap-ins in it, thus without the FX toolbox it's rather limited in functionality, right?
Yeah it is probably fair to say the more snapins you own the better this is but very useful if you already have phaseplant. I have just bought the snapins over time when they have been on offer.

• Information