Geist 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
cymek74

20 Sep 2020

Geist 2, any user opinions?, does it play nice with Reason, does it bring anything unique to the table?

I see it's half price on Plugin Boutique and always wondered about it. It does seem to have quite a lot of features, but I don't want to have to take weeks to learn something that essentially would add little to what we can already do in Reason.

Any opinions, or pointers welcome.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

Billy+

20 Sep 2020

Not used it myself but I would recommend you use the trial version for a few days to see if you like it and it does what you want. It's on sale till October so you have time ;) https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/19594/trial

Jackjackdaw

20 Sep 2020

I was really close to buying it at one point. It is potentially a really awesome sampler and drum machine with an excellent modulation system.

I got put off from reading the fxpansion forums and users complaining of tons of bugs and that fxpansion have abandoned it in favour of their other synths since being bought out by Roli.

Then also, when I was trialling it again on my new laptop the graphics glitched out leaving black blocks on the screen where moved mouse.

But at half price, definitely check the demo out, if it works for you it might be great.

miscend

20 Sep 2020

I think I read somewhere that development has stopped. So I wouldn't buy it unless it was really cheap. $99 is too much for a plug-in with an uncertain future.

cymek74

20 Sep 2020

I think I'm going to give it a miss, went for a walk with the dog and the GAS went away!! I trialled it a while back, but wasted it due to being busy with other stuff. I'm very wary these days of buying VSTs, some highly praised stuff, especially synths, have left me a bit disappointed, albeit partially down to my own limitations with sound design etc. I seem to get better results within the Reason world of combinators and experimenting.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

Billy+

20 Sep 2020

If you're interested in a vst drum sequencer rather than Rack Extension I can highly recommend XO, I got the full version a few months back and just can't use anything else now.

https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/xo

It's a bit pricey but does go on sale every once in awhile

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

The Geist users are crying about bugs louder than Reason users are crying about the Rewards System... I'd be very weary about a basically buggy and abandoned product.

Makes me question Pluginboutiqe as well, why do they push crap like this (assuming the Geist users are correct), doesn't reflect well on PB...

By the way, the PB Rewards System...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

Boombastix wrote:
20 Sep 2020

By the way, the PB Rewards System...
Now that one is a pretty good rewards system. You even get virtual cash added for rating the plugin.
I've bought a good few plugins on PB...and you more often than not get a very good plugin, sometimes two, thrown in free with your purchase. I must admit though that I do usually look first on JRR as their prices are much lower then PB with the Group code applied.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information