Arturia 3 modulation fx

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2020

Boombastix wrote:
28 Aug 2020
How are the Sweeper and Quartet holdup against the Arturia FX?
Since I don't have R11 I'm unable to compare myself...
I don't have R11 but according to how all their other stuff is, I'm going to say Sweeper and Quartet are mediocre.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Jackjackdaw

28 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
28 Aug 2020
Boombastix wrote:
28 Aug 2020
How are the Sweeper and Quartet holdup against the Arturia FX?
Since I don't have R11 I'm unable to compare myself...
I don't have R11 but according to how all their other stuff is, I'm going to say Sweeper and Quartet are mediocre.
Sweeper definitely is pretty mediocre. Quartet surprised me. It sounds great and has a really broad range of things going on in it. I’m not a massive chorus fan but it won me over. The Dimension D is a class act for sure but Quartet is much more versatile. As for the other Arturia FX the verbs , filters and delays blow stock Reason devices out of the water for pure sound quality. Get the demos and see, the Arturia software centre lets you download fully functional everything with 20 minute timeout.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Aug 2020
hurricane wrote:
28 Aug 2020

Sweeper definitely is pretty mediocre. Quartet surprised me. It sounds great and has a really broad range of things going on in it. I’m not a massive chorus fan but it won me over. The Dimension D is a class act for sure but Quartet is much more versatile. As for the other Arturia FX the verbs , filters and delays blow stock Reason devices out of the water for pure sound quality. Get the demos and see, the Arturia software centre lets you download fully functional everything with 20 minute timeout.
As far as choruses go where would Chenille fit into the equation?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Aug 2020
As for the other Arturia FX the verbs , filters and delays blow stock Reason devices out of the water for pure sound quality.
Yeah, I mean, if Reason's effects were sold standalone today, which ones would you actually buy? I wouldn't buy any of them, even at the magical $29 price.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Lotuz2019

29 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
28 Aug 2020
Yeah, I mean, if Reason's effects were sold standalone today, which ones would you actually buy? I wouldn't buy any of them, even at the magical $29 price.
I'd buy a Rattler VST/RE for EUR 10.

tallguy

01 Sep 2020

Did a quick A/B comparison between Dimension-D and TAL Chorus LX. So far, I can't tell much of a difference between them. I only tried it on a synth, can't speak for other sounds like acoustic guitars or drums. It also makes me appreciate how good TAL Chorus LX is, specially for a freebie. The only thing about TAL Chorus LX is that the default settings need a bit of tweaking.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2020

I made my comparisons using just a synth pad (so limited to that, but did not have time for more):

Chorus - I prefer Chenille RE and N.I. Choral, both sound great and you can dial in a Dim D sound quite well, but then take it a bit further if you need to, with the access to all their settings. Arturia's is nice as an emulation for sure, but doesn't offer much tweakability (Though I did a stack of two Dim D: one set to 3+4 and one set to 1 - great stuff). The trick with Chenille is to add some Unison and Feedback, not too much, then dial in the wet/dry - it is very good then once you push it a little like that, the presets straight up can be a tad too conservative IMO.

Flanger - Arturia's sounds great. Was hoping for more from the curve modulation. But compared to my D16 Antresol and N.I. Flair, it doesn't offer anything special. Flair otoh let you dial in the flanging tone by note number, and it was really cool to automate that as chord changes. Antresol lets you automate the BBD buffer for some interesting bit crushed/flangy stuff.

Phaser - I have D16 Godfazer, SoundToys PhaseMisters, and N.I. Phasis, all three of those felt easier to work with and faster to get results, I didn't like having to open that little fiddly panel on the Arturia.

If had nothing of what I listed and was able to grab Arturia's for the upgrade price of $50, then it would be a no-brainer IMO, because they are good, but for me, they are so similar to what i already have. The BL-20 is the one with that little extra sauce IMO.

Not sure about the N.I. Mod Pack price but can probably be had for $25 during a sale if you grabbed the free Phasis from before - They look boring but a great for vintage style modulation all the way to totally wild and crazy...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information