The Orchestra Complete 2

Discuss VST stuff here!

joeyluck

27 Aug 2020

PS I've always wondered about Kontakt libraries and where they should go here at ReasonTalk.

They are libraries for Kontakt, which is a VST.

I wondered about editing the name of the ReFills forum (which a few weeks ago, I had added "samples" to the forum title). So do people feel like Kontakt libraries fit better here? Or should they be included in the other forum?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

Think the VST folder is the best fit
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Dante

27 Aug 2020

I vote for a dedicated Kontakt sub forum. Its big enough to exist separately.

joeyluck

27 Aug 2020

Dante wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Well I was only wondering if it's better fit for the VST forum or to widen the ReFills, Patches and Samples forum. I have other libraries using other players than Kontakt, such as Best Service's Engine or the UVI Workstation. So I think a subform would just create a need for more subforms. I guess I'll just leave it here for now.

Wav-E

29 Aug 2020

Yes, I like orchestral libraries too and this one is very good.
There are few other great orchestral kontakt libraries from this year.
Damage 2 is also great.
😊👍
I hope reason studios will be more orchestral friendly in the near future (I like the new one "Friktion") , because the orchestral instruments (nnxt or combinators) are a bit up to date. 🤔

Dante

29 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Dante wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Well I was only wondering if it's better fit for the VST forum or to widen the ReFills, Patches and Samples forum. I have other libraries using other players than Kontakt, such as Best Service's Engine or the UVI Workstation. So I think a subform would just create a need for more subforms. I guess I'll just leave it here for now.
Well Best Service and UVI would be nowhere as big as Kontakt, if you set the goal of having a forum for one major sampler it would have to be Kontakt. I dont think a need can be *created* - I mean - theres either an existing need or there isnt.

Or just create a forum for VST Sample libraries/players and encompass Kontakt, UVI etc all in the one.

CephaloPod

29 Aug 2020

Very pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

joeyluck

29 Aug 2020

CephaloPod wrote:
29 Aug 2020
Very pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Yeah it's so much fun! It's like StringWERK on steroids with many other instruments.

It's definitely worth the price tag. I started with The Orchestra (which I got for 40% off) and then I upgraded to The Orchestra Complete v1 followed by v2. Complete v1 also received free update over the winter, so that was very cool. They haven't promised a free update for v2, but fingers crossed... :)

It's the same team behind Origins, Action Strikes and Action Strings; Sonuscore / Dynamedion / Boom Library are the same brilliant minds.

I still don't own the full version of Kontakt... I always rather spend my money on libraries that are compatible with Kontakt Player (like The Orchestra). However, I do own Sonuscore's Origins and would like someday to be able to play it for longer than 15 minutes at a time lol, but I need a better deal than half off the Kontakt crossgrade. The Kontakt crossgrade is regularly priced at $250 and goes on sale for $125, which I still can't get myself to buy...because I hate trying to justify paying just to be able to access libraries. I really wish Kontakt full with its price was more focused on the function of editing and creating libraries (being a sampler) and then they could have something in the middle that is a "super player" (same Kontakt Player functionality, but lifts the demo mode for non-free-player compatible libraries). That's really all I need. I feel like many other people fit in with that as well when it comes to Kontakt. But again, until then, my money feels better spent directly towards libraries I can use.

joeyluck

31 Aug 2020

For anybody interested, I've created a Facebook group for Sonuscore users. Currently very few of us, but including some folks from Sonuscore. I just shared some patches there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonusco ... ?ref=share

ltbrunt00

01 Sep 2020

Thanks a lot for feeding my orchestral library addiction. Looks like they have some freebies before you buy.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Rhobess

26 Sep 2020

A little help please, whit The Orchestra CVomplete 2 I'am trying to make a pizzicatto, but only sound some notes.

• Information