NOS Audio Roomer Reverb Plugin $11

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

NOS Audio Roomer Reverb is $11 in cart at JRRShop...down from $199?! Hmmm...
Anybody use it or know anything about it?
https://www.jrrshop.com/nos-roomer
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 Aug 2020

Its an IR reverb. Nothing i ever would pay 199. Rediculus price call.

For the IR itself it might be worth the 11 bucks. AFAIR its a quite well know reverb's IR.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Aug 2020
Its an IR reverb. Nothing i ever would pay 199. Rediculus price call.

For the IR itself it might be worth the 11 bucks. AFAIR its a quite well know reverb's IR.
Thanks. Just wondered as I couldn’t find any reviews or anything.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

This is the only plugin I call my "secret weapon" and one I refuse to mention because I don't want anyone to use it. :puf_bigsmile:

NOS Rooomer is an emulation of Kurzweil's KSP8 multi-effects processor released in the very early 2000s. It's a convolution reverb currently, with plans to make it a complete emulation by adding delay and modulation capabilities, and adding advanced controls and parameters (right now we only have access to some reverb parameters). Supposedly all the algorithms have been sampled, and the reverb presets are straight off the module, including Kurzweil's unique "Laserverb". I found a list of some of the hardware's presets and compared them to Roomer, and yup - they're there with the exact names - Immense Mosque, Nice Little Booth, Utility Room, In The Studio, Real Plate, etc. The developer is supposedly working with one of Kurzweil's engineers, and the plan is to release the more advanced and substantial Roomer 2.0 soon. There are expansions planned for it which will cover a few of the more classic reverbs.

I think the impulse responses sound amazing. The Gated presets are fantastic. The Halls are fantastic. I'm a fan and I probably use this reverb more than any others. At this price you're getting some great sounding impulse responses for really cheap. I have no idea how much the 2.0 update is going to be, but I'll be first in line to get it no matter what!
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

orignaloriginale

23 Aug 2020

Seems interesting, but it's showing up as $22 for me. Any special tricks to get the price down to $11?
Edit: Never mind. It got discounted once in the cart.

Loque

24 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
23 Aug 2020
This is the only plugin I call my "secret weapon" and one I refuse to mention because I don't want anyone to use it. :puf_bigsmile:

NOS Rooomer is an emulation of Kurzweil's KSP8 multi-effects processor released in the very early 2000s. It's a convolution reverb currently, with plans to make it a complete emulation by adding delay and modulation capabilities, and adding advanced controls and parameters (right now we only have access to some reverb parameters). Supposedly all the algorithms have been sampled, and the reverb presets are straight off the module, including Kurzweil's unique "Laserverb". I found a list of some of the hardware's presets and compared them to Roomer, and yup - they're there with the exact names - Immense Mosque, Nice Little Booth, Utility Room, In The Studio, Real Plate, etc. The developer is supposedly working with one of Kurzweil's engineers, and the plan is to release the more advanced and substantial Roomer 2.0 soon. There are expansions planned for it which will cover a few of the more classic reverbs.

I think the impulse responses sound amazing. The Gated presets are fantastic. The Halls are fantastic. I'm a fan and I probably use this reverb more than any others. At this price you're getting some great sounding impulse responses for really cheap. I have no idea how much the 2.0 update is going to be, but I'll be first in line to get it no matter what!
The plan to release a update exists since its release and this is quite a long time.
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

24 Aug 2020

Can't see any trial version. Is it that much better than RV7000?

hurricane
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2020
The plan to release a update exists since its release and this is quite a long time.
That is true and I don't know why it's taking so long (I asked and I'm waiting for a response), but it's already very useable in its current form. Not the prettiest looking thing, but the sound makes up for it.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
24 Aug 2020
Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2020
That is true and I don't know why it's taking so long (I asked and I'm waiting for a response), but it's already very useable in its current form. Not the prettiest looking thing, but the sound makes up for it.
Bet the upgrade from v.1 to v.2 will be $188 :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Aug 2020
Then I will be using Roomer V1 forever.

I predict it'll be anywhere between $30-$50, and that they're going to be pushing expansions like crazy. A razor and blades type of thing.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
24 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Aug 2020
Then I will be using Roomer V1 forever.

I predict it'll be anywhere between $30-$50, and that they're going to be pushing expansions like crazy. A razor and blades type of thing.
So seriously...out of all the hundreds of reverbs you’ve got (I’m guessing) you reckon that this one is really worth having?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

Out of all the reverbs I have (not really that many lol) and ESPECIALLY for the type of music I do, Roomer is really handy because it's fast to get the sound I want cuz it has Non-linear and gated reverb impulse responses which are probably AMS RMX copies (and I really want a non-UA AMS RMX16 emulation because that is like the ultimate 80s reverb). And there's something about their Ambience and Room presets that just sound amazing, and looking at NOS's description, I actually agree with it in a "holy shit it REALLY does sound like that" type of way:

"Roomer specializes in the kinds of short, pillowy ambiences and room reverbs that make vocals and instruments pop out of the speaker without taking excess room in a mix or sounding drenched. Sounds become three dimensional and alive, as if coated by a thin layer of air."

That sounds like a bunch of crap and reminds me of when people talk about "warmth" and "analog" but Roomer actually does sound like how they say it sounds, in my opinion.

However, if you have a ton of reverbs already, yeah you have to question if this is worth it to you. I like Roomer because it's something I can just pop on, mess with the dry/wet, and be done with it. It sounds really great to my ears. I could probably emulate it with Valhalla's stuff (probably, but I don't want to go through the trouble) and there are other equally great impulse responses out there, but I like having all this in one convenient package. If these were standalone impulse responses I would totally get them for $11.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
24 Aug 2020
Out of all the reverbs I have (not really that many lol) and ESPECIALLY for the type of music I do, Roomer is really handy because it's fast to get the sound I want cuz it has Non-linear and gated reverb impulse responses which are probably AMS RMX copies (and I really want a non-UA AMS RMX16 emulation because that is like the ultimate 80s reverb). And there's something about their Ambience and Room presets that just sound amazing, and looking at NOS's description, I actually agree with it in a "holy shit it REALLY does sound like that" type of way:

"Roomer specializes in the kinds of short, pillowy ambiences and room reverbs that make vocals and instruments pop out of the speaker without taking excess room in a mix or sounding drenched. Sounds become three dimensional and alive, as if coated by a thin layer of air."

That sounds like a bunch of crap and reminds me of when people talk about "warmth" and "analog" but Roomer actually does sound like how they say it sounds, in my opinion.

However, if you have a ton of reverbs already, yeah you have to question if this is worth it to you. I like Roomer because it's something I can just pop on, mess with the dry/wet, and be done with it. It sounds really great to my ears. I could probably emulate it with Valhalla's stuff (probably, but I don't want to go through the trouble) and there are other equally great impulse responses out there, but I like having all this in one convenient package. If these were standalone impulse responses I would totally get them for $11.
Thanks. Yeah...I actually do have a ton of reverbs already. Only one I really want now is PSPs Pianoverb 2. It’s been on sale a few times for $19 and my friend has talked me out of buying it at least twice. Trying to help me out of GAS. In any case...as soon as it goes in sale again whenever that may be it’ll be in the bag.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miscend

10 Aug 2021

No sign of the v2 update?

Its back on sale normally $199 - now $24.36 with code GROUP at JRR

selig
RE Developer

10 Aug 2021

hurricane wrote:
24 Aug 2020
… cuz it has Non-linear and gated reverb impulse responses which are probably AMS RMX copies (and I really want a non-UA AMS RMX16 emulation because that is like the ultimate 80s reverb)
Cut my teeth on the original RMX-16 and non-lin2 was used extensively - it was the 80s after all, what can I say.
My "go to" replacement these days is Fat Space from Synapse, totally serving me 80s vibes (IMO).
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2023

Free with any purchase in JRR. Just add to cart. 3 years in though and still no update.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information