Monitoring Redux

Discuss VST stuff here!
miyaru

10 Aug 2020

Does any use this plugin with success, and how did you get it to work?

Any help apreciated, it works in Ableton Live though, but it does not have a GUI, maybe that's the problem........

https://www.airwindows.com/monitoring-redux/
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2020

miyaru wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2020
Does any use this plugin with success, and how did you get it to work?

Any help apreciated, it works in Ableton Live though, but it does not have a GUI, maybe that's the problem........

https://www.airwindows.com/monitoring-redux/
None of the Airwindows stuff has a GUI.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

moggadeet

10 Aug 2020

I use other Airwindows plugins. If it works like the others, you will have to put it in a combinator and map the parameter of the VST to a knob like I did with BussColors4. Maybe someone else has a better method.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (300.72 KiB) Viewed 947 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2020

moggadeet wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2020
I use other Airwindows plugins. If it works like the others, you will have to put it in a combinator and map the parameter of the VST to a knob like I did with BussColors4. Maybe someone else has a better method.
I seem to remember just opening the cv programmer in the VST itself and changing parameters from there.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

miyaru

10 Aug 2020

Thanx I will try that!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2020
moggadeet wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2020
I seem to remember just opening the cv programmer in the VST itself and changing parameters from there.
Correct. Not sure if there is a way to automate that way though.

miyaru

12 Aug 2020

I get the Plug In working with a combinator. It does not give it's mode's though. So I started the plug in in Ableton Live, where it give's the mode names and wrote them down and putting them here so you guys/girls know what it does say for the modes and it might be helpful for you too.

If you put monitor under knob one of a combinator then it will be as follow: Out 24, Out 16, Peaks, Slew, Subs, Mono, Side, Vinyl, Auratone, Mono R Auratone, Mono L Auratone, Phone, Cans A, Cans B, Cans C, Cans D, V trick.

Have fun!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.

MarcelRocha

30 Sep 2020

Hello Miyaru and friends. I still can't get Monitoring to work. Even inside the combinator. I just can't see anything but 'monitoring'. Anyone else has that also? Thanks!

Creativemind

17 Oct 2021

Was just gonna make a thread on this but found this one already highlighting it instead. So Airwindows plug-ins have no GUI. Reaper and FL Studio that I know of just have a generic thing that comes up, so VST's in Reason have been a thing for 4 years now and Airwindows plugs don't open in it, so in 4 years, still no generic VST window in Reason for non-GUI'd vst's? This is how they display in Reaper:-

Airwindows.JPG
Airwindows.JPG (32.32 KiB) Viewed 523 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jam-s

18 Oct 2021

Creativemind wrote: ↑
17 Oct 2021
Was just gonna make a thread on this but found this one already highlighting it instead. So Airwindows plug-ins have no GUI. Reaper and FL Studio that I know of just have a generic thing that comes up, so VST's in Reason have been a thing for 4 years now and Airwindows plugs don't open in it, so in 4 years, still no generic VST window in Reason for non-GUI'd vst's? This is how they display in Reaper:-

Airwindows.JPG
The automation lanes in the sequencer are the GUI for those faceless plugins in Reason.

Creativemind

18 Oct 2021

jam-s wrote: ↑
18 Oct 2021
17 Oct 2021

Airwindows.JPG
The automation lanes in the sequencer are the GUI for those faceless plugins in Reason.
Eh? explain please.

jam-s

19 Oct 2021

18 Oct 2021
18 Oct 2021

Eh? explain please.
Right click the VST --> add sequencer track then add the desired automation parameters. Easy, right?
2021-10-19_Reason_airwindows_sequencer.png
2021-10-19_Reason_airwindows_sequencer.png (313.27 KiB) Viewed 446 times

Creativemind

19 Oct 2021

19 Oct 2021
18 Oct 2021

Eh? explain please.
Right click the VST --> add sequencer track then add the desired automation parameters. Easy, right?
2021-10-19_Reason_airwindows_sequencer.png
No, that sounds like another annoying Reason quirk. So I have to start drawing automation in to apply an effect on a non gui'd vst. Sorry but that isn't right. It's been about 4 years since vst's were added to Reason (9.5) and they haven't sorted this yet. I hadn't had to use one till I was trying out the Airwindows plugs recently. Automation is NOT how you add say a little Tape Saturation to a synth but thankfully someone is making Airwibdows Combinator 2 combi patches out there so that's something I suppose. I couldn't use them though as I'm back on Reason 11 now.

• Information