Issue with Stutter Edit 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
cadmeister

03 Jul 2020

Help please: I just picked up a copy of Stutter Edit 2 as I really liked the original version. Problem is I can't draw in notes to automate the triggering. I create my audio track, add SE2 as an effect and a note lane for the VST but then I can't actually draw anything in it. The effects trigger if I press a key on my controller but aren't recordable. I've just gone back to the first version and now the same thing is happening there. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm missing something here

zoidkirb

03 Jul 2020

I always run SE1 in its own separate combinator, and give it a note lane. Never had problems doing it that way.
I do the same for any other vst fx that feature midi input.

platzangst

03 Jul 2020

Double-check to make sure you're actually creating a NOTE lane, and not an audio track or automation lane or something else. I've had issues with some effects where Reason assumes that - since it's technically not an instrument - you couldn't POSSIBLY really MEAN that you want to feed it note data.

groggy1

04 Jul 2020

cadmeister wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Help please: I just picked up a copy of Stutter Edit 2 as I really liked the original version. Problem is I can't draw in notes to automate the triggering. I create my audio track, add SE2 as an effect and a note lane for the VST but then I can't actually draw anything in it. The effects trigger if I press a key on my controller but aren't recordable. I've just gone back to the first version and now the same thing is happening there. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm missing something here
I get same behavior. A note lane I create for Stutter Edit lets me play it just fine. But no recording.

Like mentioned, putting the effect in its own combinator fixes it. Not sure why

cadmeister

04 Jul 2020

platzangst wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Double-check to make sure you're actually creating a NOTE lane, and not an audio track or automation lane or something else. I've had issues with some effects where Reason assumes that - since it's technically not an instrument - you couldn't POSSIBLY really MEAN that you want to feed it note data.
OK so that was the missing step (no combinator required) - I'm sure this used to be a one click process but now its

Insert SE2
Add track for SE2
Create Note Lane for SE2

I guess because its an effect it doesn't create the note lane automatically (as it would for an instrument). I hadn't really noticed but the same is true of any effect - when you add a track you can't do anything with it until you the click to edit automation.

Thanks for the help.

• Information