Two Zampler questions.

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

Firstly...does/ has anyone used the free Zampler VST and can tell me anything about it.
Secondly...I see there’s loads of expansion packs for it. Can anyone tell me if they are .sfz and/ or .sf2 format so I can use them with other samplers or if they will only load into Zampler.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reusenoise

03 Jul 2020

Zampler load SFZ (not sf2) basically has the same filters/FX/modulation capability of Dune1 (Zampler dev it's Richard from Synapse Audio) so you can use the sfz outside Zampler but you lost all modulation/filters od the plugin itself,I like call it Poor man Omnisphere :puf_bigsmile:
Just for you reference These is a soundset I made for KVR 2016 dev. challenger https://reusenoise.wordpress.com/2016/1 ... kvrdc2016/
If you load the sfz files in other sampler like sforzando,you lost all the power of Z.and they sound just...poor :puf_wink:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

reusenoise wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Zampler load SFZ (not sf2) basically has the same filters/FX/modulation capability of Dune1 (Zampler dev it's Richard from Synapse Audio) so you can use the sfz outside Zampler but you lost all modulation/filters od the plugin itself,I like call it Poor man Omnisphere :puf_bigsmile:
Just for you reference These is a soundset I made for KVR 2016 dev. challenger https://reusenoise.wordpress.com/2016/1 ... kvrdc2016/
If you load the sfz files in other sampler like sforzando,you lost all the power of Z.and they sound just...poor :puf_wink:
Thanks for the info and also for the link. I was thinking of buying Eternal Drones soundpack for cheap on Plugin Boutique and loading them into TAL Sampler. So you like Zampler?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reusenoise

03 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2020
reusenoise wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Thanks for the info and also for the link. I was thinking of buying Eternal Drones soundpack for cheap on Plugin Boutique and loading them into TAL Sampler. So you like Zampler?
I like Zampler a lot (think you have rhe power of Dune) but it's more a rompler than a sampler, TAL sampler it's great for performance and for loading samples on the fly,similar to NNXT

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

reusenoise wrote:
03 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2020

I like Zampler a lot (think you have rhe power of Dune) but it's more a rompler than a sampler, TAL sampler it's great for performance and for loading samples on the fly,similar to NNXT
The word “Rompler” strikes fear into my heart.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reusenoise

03 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2020
reusenoise wrote:
03 Jul 2020

The word “Rompler” strikes fear into my heart.
Yes, it's a rompler, you can't drag a sample in to it, you must prepare you samples and make an SFZ file before loading in to it

• Information