Code Re-Use: Plugin Alliance: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

Discuss VST stuff here!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

They just reset the code: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

You can grab another item again if you already used it!
If you didn't use it already, you only have one use, not two.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

29 Jun 2020

Idd, cool :thumbs_up:

But what shall i grab? Preferable for free 🤔
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

29 Jun 2020

Get yourself into the $5 to $20 part of their sale. You really can use the $20 discount against a basket with only $20 of stuff in it. Free. stuff.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Get yourself into the $5 to $20 part of their sale. You really can use the $20 discount against a basket with only $20 of stuff in it. Free. stuff.
What’s the easiest way to do that? I’ve tried sorting by price lowest to highest but it doesn’t work for me.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

29 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020
DaveyG wrote:
29 Jun 2020
What’s the easiest way to do that? I’ve tried sorting by price lowest to highest but it doesn’t work for me.
The sale page is in categories and the sort within each category.

Go here:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

and click on the "Mega Sale $5.." link in the "jump to" section. Or manually scroll down the git long page to find it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020

The sale page is in categories and the sort within each category.

Go here:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

and click on the "Mega Sale $5.." link in the "jump to" section. Or manually scroll down the git long page to find it.
Thanks man. Got a couple of Boss guitar pedals. Looks like it’s some sort of mass installer program so I’ll probably wait until a rainy day. Just reinstalled my pc and don’t want a whole load of installers everywhere. Thanks for the help though :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

There's an OPTIONAL mass installer if you want to use it, otherwise you can just download the individual plugin installers from your account. I've never used the mass installer.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Ixus

29 Jun 2020

Thanks for the tip!

Got Dent 2 for 0 haha!
But when I look at my installer I also have Indent 2, which is listed for 10 euros. Oh well I wont complain :redface:

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

While snagging Dent + Indent for free is tempting, I'm really liking Fault for $9.99. Remember when Unfiltered Audio used to make REs?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

29 Jun 2020

hurricane wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Remember when Unfiltered Audio used to make REs?
Yea. And Sunder is buggy and wont get fixed :(
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

29 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Jun 2020
hurricane wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Remember when Unfiltered Audio used to make REs?
What bugs does it have? Wish I would have known this prior to purchase, lol.

Loque

29 Jun 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Jun 2020

What bugs does it have? Wish I would have known this prior to purchase, lol.
Can't remember. It's been a long while. Didn't touched it, because i had the bug in the back of my mind.

If you don't notice any bugs, it's ok. If you find one, report it.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

hurricane wrote:
29 Jun 2020
There's an OPTIONAL mass installer if you want to use it, otherwise you can just download the individual plugin installers from your account. I've never used the mass installer.
Just out of interest. My daughter opened an account and bought a couple of plugins (free). If we authorize my pc and then activate her plug-ins and then I log-in to my account and activate my plug-ins can we have them all or does it work in an individual account basis. Ie. You can’t have two different accounts authorized to the same machine.

Edit: No need to answer. We tried it and we can't :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020
hurricane wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Just out of interest. My daughter opened an account and bought a couple of plugins (free). If we authorize my pc and then activate her plug-ins and then I log-in to my account and activate my plug-ins can we have them all or does it work in an individual account basis. Ie. You can’t have two different accounts authorized to the same machine.

I believe there is a thing you can do where you authorize your daughter's plugins to a usb and use those at the same time as yours. Read it on KVR somewhere.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

hurricane wrote:
29 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020

I believe there is a thing you can do where you authorize your daughter's plugins to a usb and use those at the same time as yours. Read it on KVR somewhere.
Thanks :). Yeah. The licenses overwrite each other depending on who’s plugins we’ve got authorized. Ach. I’m not so bothered. Too many distortions already hahaha. The blue Boss chorus pedal is really nice by the way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020
The blue Boss chorus pedal is really nice by the way.
I have that one - and yeah, it's nice! I like to use two and pan them L/R.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EdGrip

29 Jun 2020

Grabbed a couple of distortion stompboxes from Brainworkx for freeeeee. I was lacking in distortion.

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Jun 2020

Anyone use bx_control v2 as an upgraded alternative to Reason's MClass stereo imager?

Mistro17

29 Jun 2020

Ok, I'm still learning the basics of synths and decided yesterday I will pass on this sale until I learn how to really use one. But I had to come in here again today. :? Seeing stuff that costs $249 for &39.99 and then being able to get it for even $20 less is so tempting. Also, I realize that having good instruments makes a big difference with both practice and making music. At this point I don't care that I may still need training wheels but would love to have access to a premium plugin the same way I bought Reason as a beginner instead of settling for a free DAW just because I was a beginner. I can only grow with what I have and having a quality thing cannot hurt. So my question is, what synth is highly recommended to get in this sale? So far I looked at Thorn but now bx_oberhausen have my attention. Which one is better and is there anything else worth looking at?

Also, how much better if at all are the synths I mentioned compared to what we already have with stock Reason ones?

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Jun 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Ok, I'm still learning the basics of synths and decided yesterday I will pass on this sale until I learn how to really use one. But I had to come in here again today. :? Seeing stuff that costs $249 for &39.99 and then being able to get it for even $20 less is so tempting. Also, I realize that having good instruments makes a big difference with both practice and making music. At this point I don't care that I may still need training wheels but would love to have access to a premium plugin the same way I bought Reason as a beginner instead of settling for a free DAW just because I was a beginner. I can only grow with what I have and having a quality thing cannot hurt. So my question is, what synth is highly recommended to get in this sale? So far I looked at Thorn but now bx_oberhausen have my attention. Which one is better and is there anything else worth looking at?

Also, how much better if at all are the synths I mentioned compared to what we already have with stock Reason ones?
On one hand, you already have Europa, which is all you'll need for years to come. I produced two entire albums almost exclusively with Reason before Europa (or Rack Extensions), and the versatility of the tools you have right now is incredible.

On the other hand... GAS is real. And sometimes, there's nothing wrong with treating yourself! If you want to pick up a synth on this sale, the question is whether you want another workhorse synth like Europa, or a model of a specific piece of vintage hardware. Thorn is highly versatile while having some different features from Europa, especially its additive synthesis modes. Oberhausen is a model of the Oberheim SEM, which recreates a particular, sought-after sound.

Goriila Texas

29 Jun 2020

I would recommend the Maaq 4 EQ really good curves.

dpcoffin

30 Jun 2020

Pre-Metal, old-school guitar tones:

I know that PA get a crap-ton of bad-mouthing elsewhere (KVR!), but I've always been really pleased with what I've bought there. This time, I finally decided to explore guitar-amp and stomp-box emulations, and wow, there's some unparalleled stuff there (I've been also checking out and comparing all sorts of other options for getting great, NON-hissy over-driven guitar sounds from virtual instruments this week, too, like Kuassa's Matchlock, TH-U Rock, Scuffham, Bias Amps and FX, Neural's Abasi Archtype, Heavyocity's Punish… Nembrino's SoundMaster).

MY favs (bought'em! For virtually nothing…) from PA: AMPS :bx-megadual (THE best fat-grained, grindy tone ever from a plug-in IMO), bx-rockrack, Deisel Herbert. FX: bx-green, bx-yellow, bx-metal, SPL Attack. There's a Fuchs amp (NOT the Trainwreck emulation) that I almost went for, for the amazing cleans, but decided ultimately that what I already had from the Abasi, TH-U Rock and the Bias Dumble Glassy were good enough. And from the Matchlock, too, to give it its due…

dpcoffin

30 Jun 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
29 Jun 2020
… So my question is, what synth is highly recommended to get in this sale? So far I looked at Thorn but now bx_oberhausen have my attention. Which one is better and is there anything else worth looking at?

No comment on better than Reason synths; YMWillV.
There's also Lion, a pretty spiffy modular.

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
29 Jun 2020
We're talking synths that have been released in the last 2 years vs:

Subtractor: released 20 years ago in the year 2000. TWENTY YEARS AGO. :shock:
Malstrom: an 18 year old synth released in 2002
Thor: Thor is 13 years old, born in the year 2007. Sylenth was also released in 2007. One of these synths was so good that it became the official synth of dance music for a while.
Europa and Grain are the newer kids on the block , being released in 2017. Propellerhead claimed Europa would give Serum some sonic competition. It didn't/hasn't.
Monotone is the newest synth - released in 2019.

I would trade all of those in an instant for 1-1 rack versions of Thorn and Oberhausen.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Mistro17

30 Jun 2020

Ok, If you had to pick one...Thorn (I like the creative potential) or Oberhausen? I'm gonna get one of these.

• Information