Momentum VST, is there a catch?

Discuss VST stuff here!
zero-13

08 Jun 2020

Hi everyone, just curious if anyone has experience with this VST, and if there are any catches or gotchas with using it?

Seems great that it’s free, however my spidey sense told me better check in with The RT crew before foolishly wandering into the forest to locate the source of that strange melody I’m hearing lol. :puf_bigsmile:

VIVIsect

08 Jun 2020

The only real catch is that in the browser section, sample packs for sale by BFA are displayed. Ads, basically. But it's not too big a deal; you can hide the browser section. I personally didn't care for it and uninstalled it, but it's pretty generous for being free.

Also, I remember a lot of bugs/crashing in the initial release, but I imagine a lot of those have been fixed by now.

DaveyG

08 Jun 2020

Yeah, it's basically a storefront for Big Fish Audio stuff. They give you some free stuff to get you going.
It's pretty much the same deal as with Loopmaster's Loopcloud.

zero-13

08 Jun 2020

Thanks for the insights guys!

I definitely need to hit the grindstone and learn to manually create and process them well for my own benefit and skill upgrade, but are there any other VSTs you guys use or recommend for quickly tracking vocal chops in one go?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2020

zero-13 wrote:
08 Jun 2020

I definitely need to hit the grindstone and learn to manually create and process them well for my own benefit and skill upgrade, but are there any other VSTs you guys use or recommend for quickly tracking vocal chops in one go?
Serato Sample, you can try the free version first.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

zero-13

10 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
08 Jun 2020
zero-13 wrote:
08 Jun 2020

Thank you!

Glanced at it just now, looks killer, checking this out later today!

DaveyG

10 Jun 2020

zero-13 wrote:
10 Jun 2020
Boombastix wrote:
08 Jun 2020

Thank you!

Glanced at it just now, looks killer, checking this out later today!
SS is missing one function to make it perfect for me. I expected it to be able automatically loop segments but it does not. So it's great for picking out beats and one-shots but if you are looking to find a long sound and loop it to make an endless pad/drone this is not the product to do that.

• Information