Kontakt VST parameter control

Discuss VST stuff here!
Accorman

07 Jun 2020

Hi,

I've searched hi and low on the forum for help in controlling VST parameters in general but for Native Instrument's Kontakt I am hitting a brick wall.

My basic problem is a known one.... How to control a VST parameter from a controller (Korg nanoKONTROL2 in my case). An example would be to control the attack of the ADSR envelope from the controller.

Straight out of the box I understand that this is not possible without a work around. You cannot simply "learn" the CC of the control within a VST (works like a charm in Reaper but not Reason it appears).

I have tried embedding Kontakt in a Combinator but when I look at the modulation routing for the 4 knobs, the drop-down shows only a list of groups and parameter numbers in the form eg. Group 1 -> #33.

How can I possibly map such data to one of the 4 knobs or buttons of the Combinator? Perhaps I should approach this in a totally different way. Would appreciate your experience.

Thanks and take care.

ljekio

07 Jun 2020

Assign "host automation" but not midi.
2020-06-07_18-25-36.jpg
2020-06-07_18-25-36.jpg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 359 times

Accorman

07 Jun 2020

Great thanks. That works.
Is the Combinator the only way to get midi CC to VSTs in Reason?
How About adding a CV generator and somehow controlling parameters of the VST that way?

jam-s

07 Jun 2020

You don't need to wrap it in a combinator, as the VST placeholder device in the rack also has got assignable CV inputs (click "CV programmer"to show them) and can have automation lanes in the corresponding sequencer track.

ljekio

07 Jun 2020

VST wrapper in Reason have 8 CV sockets for modulation and much more parameters for host automation.

• Information