NI Summer of Sound Sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
Reminiscence

06 Jun 2020

Was thinking of picking up Massive X with the crossgrade price. Highly recommended or nay? :ugeek:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2020

Reminiscence wrote:
06 Jun 2020
Was thinking of picking up Massive X with the crossgrade price. Highly recommended or nay? :ugeek:
It is great. And will get better with more updates. But as always, depends on how many synths you have already...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Biolumin3sc3nt

06 Jun 2020

It's always a bit of a pickle when the summer sales come around. I have Komplete 11 already, and basically the only thing I'd want would be Massive X. I've actually uninstalled a good portion of 11just for clutter purposes. I don't need a thousand velocity sensitive drum hits/kits and another piano library or 5.

I gave some love to RE developers in the May Madness sale and Zynapiq Wormhole was a last minute impulse buy.

GAS (or software ) is real, and I have conflicting thoughts even typing this lol.

Mistro17

06 Jun 2020

Anyone know of any vouchers that can be used at check out?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
06 Jun 2020
Anyone know of any vouchers that can be used at check out?
NI vouchers show up in your account if you have any. They usually good for 6moi think.

Steedus
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2020

Got a 50% off voucher for Komplete 12 Select. I initially thought it came with full Kontact 6 so I looked into it (it doesn't), but the West Africa instruments, Reaktor Prism and the Gentleman piano look pretty cool.. but this is probably just another case of digital GAS that I should avoid.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2020

Steedus wrote:
06 Jun 2020
Got a 50% off voucher for Komplete 12 Select. I initially thought it came with full Kontact 6 so I looked into it (it doesn't), but the West Africa instruments, Reaktor Prism and the Gentleman piano look pretty cool.. but this is probably just another case of digital GAS that I should avoid.
They do have 50% sales on upgrades from time to time, so you can grab Kontakt (std Komplete 12) that way, if you need it that is...

danc

07 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
06 Jun 2020
Steedus wrote:
06 Jun 2020
They do have 50% sales on upgrades from time to time, so you can grab Kontakt (std Komplete 12) that way, if you need it that is...
I have paused moving up from Komplete SELECT to STANDARD for a number of summers now. I say to myself... if I get Kontakt I will be constantly buying all those sample libraries that demand the full Kontakt to work. So I say no for the sake of my bank balance.

However... as soon as the Summer offer was announced a few days ago I did plunge for the Massive X cross-grade. After a few hours of use (and watching a number of tutorials) I have to say it is an EXCEPTIONAL synth. Yes - people have complained about it being unfinished (some of which has been addressed - e.g. interactive envelopes). MX compliments my other top-guns ITB synthesis... Serum, Phaseplant, Pigments, Massive v1, Vengeance, UVI Vintage Vault and all the other synths I've got.

Be clear - I held back on MX for over a year thinking... be kind to the bank balance... and telling myself I have my synthesis all covered (which I do) - but but but if you dive headlong into the editing you soon realise that this thing is different - it produces sounds that I simply didn't realise were possible.... or types of sounds that I hear on other people's tracks and wondered where they come from.
Check my Soundcloud:

fieldframe
RE Developer

08 Jun 2020

So Massive X is only on sale if you own Massive, right?

hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2020

I've held off upgrading Reason (still at 10). Held off upgrading V Collection (still at 6). Held off upgrading Komplete (on 11). And it's not a money thing, it's purely a value thing. This deal comes just at the right time. Cross-grading to Massive X alone is $75 for me. However upgrading to the whole Komplete 12 is $99. I'm doing it. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Mistro17

08 Jun 2020

I think I can put my wallet away now. I finally got Kontakt 6 at an awesome price during this sale just for having Arcane installed ($125) I couldn't let it go tho I swore to not buy anything else for now after upgrading recently to R11 Suite, EZbass and a new Akai MPK249 the past month. I'm just glad I can look at instruments without getting mad at the "Kontakt Full required" anymore. Gonna try to resist until the next Black Friday sales.

Nerveclinic

08 Jun 2020

I have Komplete 11 Select. I can upgrade to Komplete 12 for $199. I really don't want to spend the money unless it's an impressive important upgrade. Does anyone who has used both have any strong view point?

QVprod

09 Jun 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
08 Jun 2020
I have Komplete 11 Select. I can upgrade to Komplete 12 for $199. I really don't want to spend the money unless it's an impressive important upgrade. Does anyone who has used both have any strong view point?
Only you can really answer whether it's an important upgrade. Don't buy things just because people rave about it. It may not be for you. There is quite a lot more included in the standard version of Komplete than what is in Komplete Select. You can see the comparison on the Native instrument website. You may or may not be interested in what else is offered. I have Komplete 12 and I don't use half of what's included. I will say though that having the full version of Kontakt (and the other included libraries for it) is useful, particularly if you need real/organic instrument sounds seeing as that's Reason's weakness.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
08 Jun 2020
I did this exact upgrade last sale. I just looked at what it added in Komplete, and the things I thought would be useful for me, I then compared to what I already had that was similar.
Since I don't have Serum ($179), and I was interested in Massive X, the $199 gave me a great bang for the buck as I was interested in 5 other things, and they were certainly worth more than $4 each.
Or if I say the other things were a value of $29 each, then Massive X costed me $33 bucks. You can look at different ways...

Mistro17

09 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
09 Jun 2020

Since I don't have Serum ($179), and I was interested in Massive X, the $199 gave me a great bang for the buck as I was interested in 5 other things, and they were certainly worth more than $4 each.
Or if I say the other things were a value of $29 each, then Massive X costed me $33 bucks. You can look at different ways...
It's funny how the price of Komplete is around the same price as just ONE of the plugins included during these sales. I think if anyone is looking to get any of the plugins included, it only makes sense to get the full package at this time.

Nerveclinic

09 Jun 2020

I appreciate everyone's thoughtful input.

• Information