Current Plugin Boutique Deals: WA Pump Bundle + Entropy EQ

Discuss VST stuff here!
BlkRd

04 Jun 2020

Hello all,

So I thought that Entropy EQ given away with purchases at PB just now looked ok. I had a look around the store for something cheap but of use and quality. I saw a WA bundle for £7 with some interesting looking plug ins; a 3 band transient shaper, a multiband ducker / lfo tool thing and from what i can tell a bunch of compressors. I have £7 in virtual cash so could grab them all for free. What are peoples experiences of the WA plug ins? The branding and site are gimmicky to me, but the instructional videos are decent. the ducker looks quite cool, as does the shaper. I have tone boosters 3 bundles and izotope 8 advanced, but wondering if the WA are CPU efficient? Maybe an option for use on chanels and in sound design? Plus i like messing with different plug ins :) :lol: :P

Interested to hear if anyone uses these?

All the best

robotgard

04 Jun 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

04 Jun 2020

I noticed the entropy EQ too. Might be interesting and i dont have heard of something similar yet.

Do you have a link to the WA bundle? Nothing really of any interest from the deals atm...
Reason12, Win10

BlkRd

04 Jun 2020

Here is link to bundle

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... undle-2020

Imprint and Dodge look interesting to me, so the others would be bonus. Plus id get Entropy, could use virtual cash to cover it... but could save it for something better. haha!

My other option would be to use the 7 towards Melda Grain Synth on sale, but i have grain and not had time to see how they differ, i really wanna try some of Meldas stuff....

I understand it seems wasteful when I have tools. Its a low cost buy for maybe a few interesting gadjets to play with in the virtual studio :P

Loque

04 Jun 2020

BlkRd wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Here is link to bundle

Imprint and Dodge look interesting to me, so the others would be bonus. Plus id get Entropy, could use virtual cash to cover it... but could save it for something better. haha!

My other option would be to use the 7 towards Melda Grain Synth on sale, but i have grain and not had time to see how they differ, i really wanna try some of Meldas stuff....

I understand it seems wasteful when I have tools. Its a low cost buy for maybe a few interesting gadjets to play with in the virtual studio :P
Let me know how you like the stuff. I also just saw the Melda thing, but i swear to myself never to buy anything from them and i am pretty covered with granular stuff...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2020

Audiority Tube Modulator for €10. That’s the one to go for.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

04 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Absolutely agree. Used Tube Modulator in my last track and I was able to dial in a really interesting pan and chorused effects on vocals and pad that would have taken quite a bit of effort setting up in other plugins.

I had some PB tokens coins money or whatever one calls it ... So I picked up Entropy and Tube M for like £5.
Check my Soundcloud:

Goriila Texas

04 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
04 Jun 2020
BlkRd wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Here is link to bundle

Let me know how you like the stuff. I also just saw the Melda thing, but i swear to myself never to buy anything from them and i am pretty covered with granular stuff...
What's wrong with Melda they make great plugins?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Yep! The cheap WA stuff is usually lower quality plugins, and something you'll probably never use.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

gdm41

05 Jun 2020

I´ve just bought it because of the transient shaper, will test it this evening and can give you feedback tonight.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

LmstPv

09 Jun 2020

Thanks for the heads up on tube modulator. I've never heard of it before and it seems to have zero visibility on the storefront. I trialled it and instantly bought it. Sounds great.
I don't even really care about getting the free EQ.

The WA stuff is a decent deal too. Ive tried puncher and dodge and they are both pretty good particularly dodge. I would probably buy it now if i hadnt just picked up pump in may madness.
Dodge does stuff pump cant do though. Its quite similar to sidechain reaction with the multiband.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2020

LmstPv wrote:
09 Jun 2020
Thanks for the heads up on tube modulator. I've never heard of it before and it seems to have zero visibility on the storefront. I trialled it and instantly bought it. Sounds great.
I don't even really care about getting the free EQ.

The WA stuff is a decent deal too. Ive tried puncher and dodge and they are both pretty good particularly dodge. I would probably buy it now if i hadnt just picked up pump in may madness.
Dodge does stuff pump cant do though. Its quite similar to sidechain reaction with the multiband.
It's not just an EQ, it is a frequency dependent transient shaper, that splits a signal into harmonics and non-harmonics. Very advanced VST.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

LmstPv

09 Jun 2020

Thanks, I'll give it a closer look. :thumbs_up:
I seem to amass so many free plugins that i tend to dismiss them if they are not immediately useful to me.

• Information