Reaktor ToyBox - Pianoroll and more

Discuss VST stuff here!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 May 2020

Never see much talk about ToyBox, but some seriously modular stuff, but it actually looks very user friendly. The Pianoroll seems to work as a graphical CV curve modulator, Step Sequencer, and Piano Roll.
The stuff they make is nicely priced (Synthpack $65) and they have a free bundle too. It runs in the FREE Reaktor.
https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/synth-pack-details

Synthpack has the Piano roll, FM synth (Thru Z or Phase/DX7), Granular, Analog, Supersaw w FM, Sample Player, etc...
This is like Step Sequencer, Complex-1, Poly Sequencer, Diva, Snap-Heap, Phase-Plant, Serum, etc all in bits and pieces. Downside is you need to build your own synth, upside is when you have built it you can use it to make new patches.
Really cool, though I'm not sure if I want to spend time building synths, but there might be some cool innovation here.

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dpcoffin

26 May 2020

Yeah, I'm REALLY jazzed by this Piano Roll device, and so delighted they've made these excellent tutorial videos unlocking what could be easily overlooked capabilities it has. I think it's about the most interesting MIDI Effect I've seen, and I've been collecting them for years —and they're the main reason I stick with Reason itself, also a MIDI SuperHero.

Here's how I've been using it in Logic, where the Reason Rack MIDI FX can also be put to excellent use, accessing all the many great Reason modulators.

Each of these was directly inspired by those tutorials you posted.
Last edited by dpcoffin on 26 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

dpcoffin

26 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 May 2020

Downside is you need to build your own synth, upside is when you have built it you can use it to make new patches.
I've been using and loving Reaktor since way before Reason appeared, and I've NEVER built my own synth with it.

There's literally over 5000 already built examples in the completely free User Library, including everything from loop choppers, granular samplers, and mad synths to some of the most innovative and surprising MIDI FX and sequencers ever, all as easy to patch together as a bunch of stomp boxes, much like in Reason. And it's about to get even better with inspiration from the ToyBox builder, whose work has inspired NI to open up even wider the already very active Blocks User Library.

dpcoffin

27 May 2020

Episode Three, using Shape in the Reason Rack to create MIDI notes:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 May 2020

Your should probably start your own thread in the tutorial section.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information