Plugin Alliance + Plugin Boutique experiences?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ulpu

25 May 2020

These 2 places seem to have HUGE discounts almost always. Any comments are they trust worthy places to buy stuff? I mean those prices are very low...

guitfnky

25 May 2020

don't think I've ever used Plugin Alliance, but I've never had a problem with Plugin Boutique.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

25 May 2020

PA has huge discounts because the prices are just a joke. Forget the discounts, think of what it is worth for you. Only a few products are worth any money IMO. I did not payed more than maybe 10-20 bucks for a plugin which i wanted and they normally sell around 200. Its common sense not to pay more than 29 bucks for any plugin at PA...

PB is quite cool and has often very good prices, but there are also a few companies selling huge sh!t for huge prices and sometimes grant big discounts, but the products are still sh!t IMO. Soundspot is one company to name for really bad products IMO. Just there new synth seem to be quite interesting, but i did not tried - i am not interested in that company.

PA is some kind of publisher thing, having contracts with some vendors. PB is a market. Bought on both at the right time for the right price. The support is ok, but better on PB. The bad thing on PA is, you contact PA for support on the products and not the vendor of the product, but it worked ok for me most of the time...

One thing, if you plan to buy on PA, wait, i mean, WAIT for the right time. You may need to think about registering their annoying spam emails, because you receive vouchers from time to time. There is currently a voucher active, giving you 25 on one product starting at 39, which brings it down to around 25. Dont forget! There will be taxes on top...what a joke...always laugh about PA...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 May 2020

Bought a lot of stuff at Plugin Boutique. They have good sales and often give stuff away free with purchases. I got Iris 2 for example. As Loque says though they have a lot of crap too. Soundspot are awful as are WA Productions. For every purchase you get virtual cash added to your account to use against future purchases. As a store they’re great.
As for Plug-in Alliance I have no idea.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

25 May 2020

While we are at it with PA, they have currently....suprise surprise....a SALE!!! :lol:
Use those vouchers if you cannot resist your GAS
MEMORIAL-4999
USERSURVEY20LG98HBT5
Reason12, Win10

bieh

27 May 2020

I used Plugin Boutique for the first time this month. Good experience. 75% off Vocalsynth 2 - down from $199 to $49. Very happy with that. And I like it a lot more than Waves Ovox. And now Plugin Boutique is offering 60% off a crossgrade from any iZotope Elements product to the Standard version of Ozone, Neutron, Nectar or RX7. Which is great considering you can get 100% off Ozone Elements (usually $129) until June 6 anyway! So you can qualify for free to get 60-75% off one of the Standard suites, saving you another $150. All this makes it very hard to determine actual market value of music software, doesn't it? :-)

ksniod

27 May 2020

I bought quite plenty of stuff from Plugin Boutique at good prices and got free plugins nearly each time.
One bonus point is that it sorta keeps your plugins centralized and easier to deal with in case of reinstallation (it's still not REs of course, but you can keep track of your serials etc...)

Plugin Alliance, i only used them because i had to for several plugins (Unfiltered Audio ones mainly + Thor and Oberhausen)

• Information