How is everyone liking Saturn 2?

Discuss VST stuff here!
zero-13

24 May 2020

Hi everyone, I never got around to picking up the first version or looking at it closely, I guess I naively figured it was just a gnarly saturation VST similar to the Saturation knob just with FabFilter's beautiful UI and a few extra options... then I witnessed the announcement for Saturn 2 and realized how off my understanding was. :redface:

I'm guessing this is everything the hype says it is and maybe more, how is everyone liking it and maybe if you guys could share a little about when / how you're using it?

I'm guessing it completely eliminates a use case for the Softube Saturation Knob?

Kalm

24 May 2020

I've personally not used Saturn in a mix, but no two saturations are the same. But to further talk on Saturn, this is a multi band, variable saturation effect. If you want the most control on how a range of frequencies saturate, Saturn is your best gift.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

BRIGGS

24 May 2020

2 is awesome!

Full screen mode + more distortion types + 32x oversampling = :puf_smile:

I use it for everything....drums, synths, and mastering.

One thing I wish it had, is sinewave waveshaping/distortion.
Last edited by BRIGGS on 24 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.
r11s

zero-13

24 May 2020

Thanks for sharing your perspective and opinions guys!

Apologies on the obvious nature of many of my questions :redface: , but thanks to you guys and all the pros here on RT, little by little many of the various technical pieces are becoming clearer, the amount of details involved in audio and music production is so intense, every day there is more to be filled in, it's great though.

So now I see all saturation is not the same, I'm guessing the differences are subtle similar to compressors, and this is more of sonic a flavor thing I'll need to train my ears on to begin understanding?

I'm glad I decided to start learning about music production with zero knowledge of the size of the mountain that awaited me, I might not have started, or at least I would of super procrastinated lol. :puf_bigsmile:

EdGrip

24 May 2020

I do loads more learning than I do actually playing and messing around with the software! And I do more playing and messing around with the software than I do actually trying to produce anything. It's how I get my fun!

• Information