Ana 2 (at Sonicacademy) 55,42€

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ulpu

15 May 2020

I was reading some good comments about Ana2, and went to see how it looks & etc.
And it seems to be on discounted price:
https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2

I am just quite overwhelmed with all the synths and it seems most of them are in discount now or have been :lol:

Any comments about Ana2?
Is it very CPU hungry? Easy to find more sounds for it (would love for free sounds)?
Or any other insight of the synth? I’m focusing on different types of EDM.

robotgard

15 May 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Ulpu

15 May 2020

robotgard wrote:
15 May 2020
Ulpu wrote:
15 May 2020
Any comments about Ana2?
Is it very CPU hungry? Easy to find more sounds for it (would love for free sounds)?
Or any other insight of the synth? I’m focusing on different types of EDM.
You can download the trial version and understand whether you need it or not.
Yes, I will naturally try out the demo. But was interested to hear comments/experiences from people who used Ana2 :)

EdGrip

15 May 2020

Never heard of it, or that company! BUT having had a look, (and without listening to any sounds) that looks to me like a very clearly and thoughtfully designed interface, which is not something every synth can claim. Same goes for their other plugin, Kick 2.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 May 2020

Slate has it as rental. AND they have several courses covering what it can do. It is very capable. The courses are free at the moment due to Covid, just need to sign up. You may want to check those out as there isn't very much on YouTube. And 3rd party presets are limited compared to Serum/Massive/Diva/Spire/etc. If this is your first or third synth I'm sure you will be happy with it. If it is your 10th (you probably wouldn't ask), but then it is probably more of the same of what you have. But I have seen people use it, so I think it is very capable.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

DaveyG

15 May 2020

I'd put it as "good, but nothing special".

reddust

15 May 2020

I have it and I think it is special, just take a look at how many features it has and how it sounds in this video:

It includes a chord memory device, an arpegiator, the possibility to mix up to 6 oscillators including the usual waveforms but also wavetables and samples all together, 3 graphic envelopes, effects, matrix, mixer, EQ... I don't know many synths that can do all that and for a reasonable price.

ANA2 is in my opinion a great synth, it just doesn't have so much hype around it like other synths have and that has the disadvantage that finding free sounds might not be as easy as for other synths, but the good thing is that its UI is simple enough to be able to create new sounds easily even without much knowledge.

I also own Spire, Serum, Sylenth1, Korg Polysix and Arp Odyssey as well as the Reason Rack Extensions Parsec2, Complex-1, Europa... and I always end up using ANA2 and Spire the most because in my opinion they sound better and are easier to handle.

The UI on ANA2 is great, easy to read and understand though it has some very powerful features that are a little bit hidden like the arpeggiator, but for the money I'd say is a no brainer, I payed twice as much for it and I am still glad I got this synth.

stuk71

24 Nov 2020

ANA 2 is reduced for BF week... 70% off

Beautiful synth and at this price it’s an absolute steal. My go to synth these days.

• Information