Serum VST in Reason (is it stable, is it worthwile buying?)

Discuss VST stuff here!
Propellerhands

03 May 2020

gregmarksimpson wrote:
03 May 2020

Have you tried playing with Europa enough?

I only say this because there are a lot of benefits to getting good with Europa. It's a rock-solid native device and it's also far more CPU friendly than Serum.

Whilst Europa has a different character to Serum, with the right wavetables loaded into it (now it supports loading external wavetables, unlike when it first came out); it can sound really, really good!!. As far as I'm aware you should even be able to find the folder where Serum has its factory wavetables installed, and load them directly into Europa...
Yeah, I partially bought Reason 11 because of Europa synth and I think it is the best synth now in Reason and enjoy it a lot. Have tried only 10 percent of it's possibilities.

However, I wanted Serum not because there is something I dislike with Europa synth, but because Serum is way more friendly in terms of modulation (drag and drop), initial sound quality (and it shows) and its FX panel is amazing too. And it is the only commercial VST that caught my serious attention. I dislike buying plugins when everything I need I can find in Reason.

Anyway, I suspect that I could open and use only one, two instances of Serum at best on a given project in Reason, so decided to wait until a buy better CPU. My 9 year old laptop is just too slow for third party plugins.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

• Information