Using Reason Rack Plugin with Ableton

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
thehalfrekan

30 Apr 2020

Hey all, first time posting here on forum with maybe a silly question but for the life of me i cannot find an answer. I recently upgraded to Reason 11 suite so i could use the plugin with Ableton since pretty much all my producer friends use Ableton. Can i only use it if i have Reason and Ableton installed on the same computer or is their a way to just have the rack as a separate plugin? all the videos i have seen it seems as though they have both programs installed on one computer. if anyone could help i would appreciate it.

Thanks!

PhillipOrdonez

01 May 2020

thehalfrekan wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Hey all, first time posting here on forum with maybe a silly question but for the life of me i cannot find an answer. I recently upgraded to Reason 11 suite so i could use the plugin with Ableton since pretty much all my producer friends use Ableton. Can i only use it if i have Reason and Ableton installed on the same computer or is their a way to just have the rack as a separate plugin? all the videos i have seen it seems as though they have both programs installed on one computer. if anyone could help i would appreciate it.

Thanks!

You can't have the rack plugin without reason standalone installed.

You can't have Ableton live in your computer if it isn't installed.

You can have two computers and Ableton link both programs running at the same time, but only the standalone, though that's a completely different thing 😂

• Information