Help getting "Analog Brass & Winds" to show up?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Fooltooth

27 Apr 2020

Hi all,

I recently purchased "Analog Brass & Winds" by the developer Output through the Reason store, and could use some help getting it to show up in Reason. Sorry if this is kind of a basic question - I've been through getting plenty of other VSTs, like Positive Grid, etc., to populate in the program, but this one seems extra tricky.

In this case, after I purchased it, when I pressed "Download" on the product in the "My Products" area, it sent me to the Output site.

That site instructed me to download "Native Access" and the "Kontact 6" player in order to download the product. I did this, and downloaded and installed the "Analog Brass & Winds" software via that program.

The download available to me from Output / Native Instruments did not offer any option to download the program or files in .vst2. The only formats that showed up in my system once the download was finished were .nicnt or .nksn, or a few other random .n___ formats.

I still tried moving all the files associated with the program to the usual C:\Program Files\VSTplugins folder, but they still won't show up in Reason, either in the VST area on the sidebar, or via the Manage Plugins search.

The program does show up in the "Kontact 6" player, but not in any way that I can get to open for actual use. I also tried looking for the Kontact player in Reason, in case it has to port through that program somehow to work, but no luck.

If anybody has experience getting this software, or other software like it from this company, to work in Reason, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

boggg1

28 Apr 2020

If it shows up in Kontakt then you are there. Click on instruments underneath Analog Brass & Winds in Kontakt then double click on the .nki file. See picture. You need to set up your midi channel, although sleecting omni selects all channels (OK if you only have a simple setup).

Attachments
AB&W.png
AB&W.png (39.18 KiB) Viewed 881 times
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

boggg1

28 Apr 2020

Maybe I misread what you said - is Kontakt working in Reason on your system ? Never mind Analog Brass & Winds, is Kontakt working in Reason ?
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

Fooltooth

28 Apr 2020

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Holy crap! That worked! :D

Thank you so much, I swear I looked through the manual pdf and poked around at the software for such a long time and none of the instructions were as clear as the nice simple little screenshot help you just posted. Thank you! Everything seems to be up and running now. HUgely apprecaite the assistance!

• Information