Cinesamples - Abbey Road Classic Upright Pianos is being discontinued

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

17 Apr 2020

https://cinesamples.com/product/abbey-r ... ght-pianos

It is on sale for $69 down from $199. It will be discontinued April 22. We've seen a different version of these pianos discontinued before with the Reason ReFill...

My favorite ReFill is still Abbey Road Keyboards by Propellerhead (discontinued some years ago). The Challen is my absolute favorite piano and the Mrs. Mills is also one of my favorites.

I've never used the Cinesamples Kontakt library, and not sure I would need it having the ReFill produced by Propellerhead. Although I'm curious how it compares to the ReFill. Anybody using this? Anybody own both?

I also wanted to post this for anybody who has been interested in these pianos in the past, but missed out on the ReFill before it was discontinued. I can't speak to the Cinesamples Kontakt library, but if the quality is at least similar to what Propellerhead delivered, these are great pianos to have.

I wonder who will be next to license these pianos and the Abbey Road name that goes with them. I wonder why Abbey Road doesn't just sell a sample library themselves.

• Information