How to get Travis Scott-Style/Trap vocals using Neptune and/or Auto-Tune FX+

Discuss VST stuff here!
The Dream Stan

16 Apr 2020

Hey guys, new to this forum, new to using VSTs, and new to Reason (I have Reason 10).

I was playing around with the vocals and kinda got a bit of the feel of working with Neptune, but I don't know how to get the vocal effects I'm looking for, mostly using it for support to sing in the right key over songs.

I wanted to invest in Auto-Tune Pro (from Antares Tech) but as I just found out Reason does not support VST3 and that's what type it is. So, I got a different version that they have, Auto-Tune EFX+. Not sure if I should have gone with this plugin without making sure that this one would be the best for me, but hey.

I'm looking to get typical trap style vocals in the vein of sounding similar to say, Travis Scott, or a similar style like Quavo. It sounds basic and lowest common denominator, but those are 2 popular examples I could think of.

Could I use either of these plugins to get that type of sound, in conjunction with something else if needed?

I also don't know really anything at all about mixing vocals manually at all, so if that would help and you guys have any tips then all recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

• Information