UVI Digital Synsations - FREE - ends April 16th

Discuss VST stuff here!
danc

16 Apr 2020

Hi guys - if you want a bit of retro warmth... get UVI's Digital Synsations for FREE - normally 149€/$.
It's part of the Vintage Vault 3 family - which is a stunning collection.

https://www.uvi.net/digital-synsations.html

Use the voucher code PRESONUS at checkout.
Check my Soundcloud:

Loque

16 Apr 2020

It's HAMMER time!
hammertime.gif
hammertime.gif (947.1 KiB) Viewed 980 times
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2020
It's HAMMER time!

hammertime.gif
Really? I’ve seen this given away a lot. I think maybe 5 times since I got it free. Never tried it but haven’t heard much good about it. Anybody say whether it’s worth installing?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

16 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2020
It's HAMMER time!

hammertime.gif
Really? I’ve seen this given away a lot. I think maybe 5 times since I got it free. Never tried it but haven’t heard much good about it. Anybody say whether it’s worth installing?
Yea, i think i already got it too. Such posts are perfect for DOS attacks and the server is not reachable :-D
Reason12, Win10

danc

16 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2020
It's HAMMER time!

hammertime.gif
Vintage Vault 3 is stunning - many great reviews:
Music Tech 10/10 - https://www.musictech.net/reviews/softw ... e-vault-3/

I haven't used the Digital Synsation synths personally much - but the other synths in that library are VERY VERY good.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
16 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020

Vintage Vault 3 is stunning - many great reviews:
Music Tech 10/10 - https://www.musictech.net/reviews/softw ... e-vault-3/

I haven't used the Digital Synsation synths personally much - but the other synths in that library are VERY VERY good.
Ok. Unfortunately it’s not the “other synths” they’re giving away free hahaha. Oh well. Got the license on my iLok just in case :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020

Yea, i think i already got it too. Such posts are perfect for DOS attacks and the server is not reachable :-D
Well...thought I might as well give it a go. Can't reach server either...ech!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

24GB?????!!!!!!!!!!

They’re Romplers aren’t they.

Run away!! Run away!!!

:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

16 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
24GB?????!!!!!!!!!!

Run away!! Run away!!!

Might be one of those reason the server gets HAMMERed and is not reachable :-D
Reason12, Win10

danc

16 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
24GB?????!!!!!!!!!!

Run away!! Run away!!!

YES - it's a ROMpler... in the same way that Kontakt libraries and IK Syntronik synths and Sample Tank etc. are also ROMplers.
Putting our previous (I've been bitten too many times with sh*te ROMplers before) thoughts... and yes... we certainly have been bitten... it's not the sample library that matters here (although UVI raw samples are very good at capturing the nuances of their source material) - it's actually the FX and editing tools included that they provide that makes a library useful or not.

For me... UVI do a very good job of FX and editing. Easy to use. Powerful. I find them much more useful and easier to work with than Kontakt libraries - where I feel like I'm fighting the Kontakt framework all the time. UVI is bliss in comparison when setting up automation.

Also in defence of UVI - take for example their Drum Designer, which for me is one of the best drum tools (electronic - not acoustic) available by a long way. Making your percussion hits in there is soooo much nicer than anywhere else (again - I appreciate that it's my opinion).

Anyway - I do understand your severe ROMpler reservations though. Digital Synsations is definitely NOT the best library to get a feel for UVI. In fact, I think that it's an unfair assessment - as their other libraries far surpass it (like the PX V8 and String Machines 2 - which is in VV3). For me they demonstrate that not everything has to be synthesised/computed on the fly like in Aturia's V-collection. Sometimes you need to take the original sound from the source to get their true warmth... and the CPU savings are very much appreciated.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
16 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2020
24GB?????!!!!!!!!!!

Run away!! Run away!!!

YES - it's a ROMpler... in the same way that Kontakt libraries and IK Syntronik synths and Sample Tank etc. are also ROMplers.
Putting our previous (I've been bitten too many times with sh*te ROMplers before) thoughts... and yes... we certainly have been bitten... it's not the sample library that matters here (although UVI raw samples are very good at capturing the nuances of their source material) - it's actually the FX and editing tools included that they provide that makes a library useful or not.

For me... UVI do a very good job of FX and editing. Easy to use. Powerful. I find them much more useful and easier to work with than Kontakt libraries - where I feel like I'm fighting the Kontakt framework all the time. UVI is bliss in comparison when setting up automation.

Also in defence of UVI - take for example their Drum Designer, which for me is one of the best drum tools (electronic - not acoustic) available by a long way. Making your percussion hits in there is soooo much nicer than anywhere else (again - I appreciate that it's my opinion).

Anyway - I do understand your severe ROMpler reservations though. Digital Synsations is definitely NOT the best library to get a feel for UVI. In fact, I think that it's an unfair assessment - as their other libraries far surpass it (like the PX V8 and String Machines 2 - which is in VV3). For me they demonstrate that not everything has to be synthesised/computed on the fly like in Aturia's V-collection. Sometimes you need to take the original sound from the source to get their true warmth... and the CPU savings are very much appreciated.
Thanks you for both commiserating with my R@&$”@&$ aversion and also for writing this. I will try it out if it’s ever possible to download it. Gotta say again though 24GB...usch
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

Right...went in my iLok account and the license is there so I've activated. Apparently I've deleted the installation file so I'll need to wait until the sites working ok again. Question though...when I look at all my other activated licenses I can see an activation code. Any reason why I can't see an activation code for the Synsations license. I really don't understand the whole iLok thing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

As soon as you get to creating a new account it's impossible as just about every page load fails, but creating a new account involves CAPTCHA verification, so you can't resend the data when it fails.

joeyluck

16 Apr 2020

I got this for free in the past.

This will remain on my hard drive, whereas NI's Analog Dreams will not. These sounds are great.

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2020

Yeah, Analog Dreams is bad. And not Michael Jackson bad.

Digital Synsations is good.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

kitekrazy

16 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
16 Apr 2020
I got this for free in the past.

This will remain on my hard drive, whereas NI's Analog Dreams will not. These sounds are great.
I think I have 72 licenses of this. I don't really use it.

• Information