5 plugins for £5 !

Check out Glitch and the Percussion EQ

Loque

13 Apr 2020

xboix wrote:
13 Apr 2020
5 plugins for £5 !

Are they good? My experience with Soundspot is that their products are crap and not worth the diskspace.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2020
xboix wrote:
13 Apr 2020
5 plugins for £5 !

Are they good? My experience with Soundspot is that their products are crap and not worth the diskspace.
Agree. Same category as W.A Productions and all the other crap that Plugin Boutique sells on “sale” for $1 almost permanently.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

13 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2020
xboix wrote:
13 Apr 2020
5 plugins for £5 !

Hard to say from a sound quality viewpoint because I only really use the ones that are meant to make the sound "worse", like glitch and distortion. That percussive EQ is interesting though. It does a decent job of allowing you to tweak different parts within a composite drum loop. As ever, results depend upon the input material and on how extreme your knob turning is!

At a fiver I was happy to just gamble on them and, tbh, I chose a 5th plugin that I will never use just to hit the 5. They do have trials available if you want.

Glitch is at the opposite end of the scale to Stutter Edit. Just a quick way of getting a bit glitchy. At that price you only have to use it in one track to get your moneys worth.

dvdrtldg

13 Apr 2020

Soundspot plugins get a lot of criticism, but they're excellent for certain applications, e.g. whenever Plugin Boutique have one of those "Buy any plugin and get iZotope Ozone Elements FREE" deals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
13 Apr 2020
Soundspot plugins get a lot of criticism, but they're excellent for certain applications, e.g. whenever Plugin Boutique have one of those "Buy any plugin and get iZotope Ozone Elements FREE" deals
😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2020

Halcyon is actually good. Hiku is OK too. I tried a few other, found them meh...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dvdrtldg

14 Apr 2020

I actually quite like their Velo limiter

Everything else I've tried has been dodgy - lots of crashes

KevTav

14 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2020
xboix wrote:
13 Apr 2020
5 plugins for £5 !

I just purchased them on Plugin Boutique because I got a notice in email. Was bored, wanted to check it out.

Literally one of the biggest PIECE OF SH*T set of plugin bundles I've ever purchased in my life. I'm embarrassed for them. I'm embarrassed for the HUNDREDS that apparently give this garbage good reviews. It's all clown shoes.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... r-5-Bundle

That's the bundle.

Anyways, this CRAP is going off my computer tomorrow. $5 bucks is no big deal. But I would put it's value at $3.95
Last edited by KevTav on 14 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

Loque

14 Apr 2020

KevTav wrote:
14 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2020

I just purchased them on Plugin Boutique because I got a notice in email. Was bored, wanted to check it out.

Literally one of the biggest PIECE OF SH*T set of plugin bundles I've ever purchased in my life. I'm embarrassed for them.

That's the bundle.

Anyways, this CRAP is going off my computer tomorrow. $5 bucks is no big deal. But I would put it's value at $3.95
Ok, thanks for that info. This is similar to my experience. I got a few of their plugins for free, some of them they sell for more than 100 and in best case they just sound boring, and in worst case they sound really, really bad.

There is plenty of free stuff available which sounds much better. This is clearly a company to avoid. Dont get fooled by their stupid pricing.
Reason12, Win10

KevTav

14 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
14 Apr 2020
KevTav wrote:
14 Apr 2020

Literally one of the biggest PIECE OF SH*T set of plugin bundles I've ever purchased in my life. I'm embarrassed for them.

That's the bundle.

Ok, thanks for that info. This is similar to my experience. I got a few of their plugins for free, some of them they sell for more than 100 and in best case they just sound boring, and in worst case they sound really, really bad.

There is plenty of free stuff available which sounds much better. This is clearly a company to avoid. Dont get fooled by their stupid pricing.
After giving them a try I will never buy from "Soundspot" again. I like trying new companies. But this was like a 15% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

KevTav

14 Apr 2020

Their reverb model "Oracle" is literally one of the biggest JOKE reverb generators I've ever seen. EVER. And I'm a reverb fanatic.
I could totally break down each plug but I'd be here a long time. And I notice just talking about it is angering me, THAT is how bad it is.

dvdrtldg

14 Apr 2020

After making that Velo limiter post above, I pulled it out and took it for a bit of a drive. For some reason the UI now isn't working properly in Reason, won't display the waveform :roll:

arqui

15 Apr 2020

Union Wavetable Synth are very good... £5,99 it's a very good price
Regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

VIVIsect

19 Apr 2020

Yeah, most Soundspot stuff I've tried has been pretty bad, but I really quite like Union. It's definitely worth picking up for the sale price.

• Information