TAL Filter2 for Sidechain in Reason?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ulpu

12 Apr 2020

Anyone used Tal Filter2 (it's a free plugin) with Reason?
I can't test it myself since my version of Reason doesn't support VST :(
But it looks pretty handy!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

Ulpu wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Anyone used Tal Filter2 (it's a free plugin) with Reason?
I can't test it myself since my version of Reason doesn't support VST :(
But it looks pretty handy!

TAL stuff is great. I don't think they have made a bad plug-in. They are constantly updating their stuff too. Reverb4 is brilliant and the Chorus is a must have. What can I say...get 'em.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

12 Apr 2020

Ulpu wrote:
12 Apr 2020
my version of Reason doesn't support VST
Get yourself an upgrade - you'll be blown away!

Jackjackdaw

12 Apr 2020

Can you sidechain into VSTs in Reason though? I thought it was a vst3 thing.

Ulpu

12 Apr 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Do you mean this VST doesn’t work with/inside Reason (for sidechaining)?

WongoTheSane

12 Apr 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Apr 2020
You can: when using a compressor with sidechaining enabled for instance, you have optional Audio In inputs at the back of the VST device that become available.

WongoTheSane

12 Apr 2020

Ulpu wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Do you mean this VST doesn’t work with/inside Reason (for sidechaining)?
Yes, it does, but it's a pumper, not a compressor, which means that it isn't basing its algorithm on envelope tracking, but on timing. In other words: instead of lowering the volume when the kick hits, it lowers it every 1/4th regardless. So yes, it works in Reason, but it doesn't need sidechaining capabilities.

Jackjackdaw

12 Apr 2020

WongoTheSane wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Apr 2020
You can: when using a compressor with sidechaining enabled for instance, you have optional Audio In inputs at the back of the VST device that become available.

Okay cool. This didn't work for me when I tried to sample into Halion 6 in Reason. In Cubase it takes audio from the sidechain input. I plugged into the inputs in the rack device but didn't get any audio. I then assumed it wouldnt work for compressors either. I will have to check it out on my Arturia compressors.

WongoTheSane

13 Apr 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Apr 2020
WongoTheSane wrote:
12 Apr 2020

Okay cool. This didn't work for me when I tried to sample into Halion 6 in Reason. In Cubase it takes audio from the sidechain input. I plugged into the inputs in the rack device but didn't get any audio. I then assumed it wouldnt work for compressors either. I will have to check it out on my Arturia compressors.
Indeed some VSTs don't work, for instance Waves', from what I've read. I've tried Native Instruments', Melda and Air, and those do work.

splitpen

16 Apr 2020

I don't know what version of reason you have, but Synchronous is a great tool also for this purpose.
You can even do this effect with a thor actually. You can do this with the step secuencer routing the audio through it, or use the cv to modulate the level of a signal.
See attachment for example. Route the audio out of your signal to audio 1 en audio 2 (IN) on the back of Thor, connect audio 1 en 2 (OUT) to the rack/ mixer etc.
It's set to 1/4 note, with the cv curve knobs in the sequencer you can shape the curve.
Attachments
LEVEL MOD.zip
(820 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

• Information