Arturia V Collection...am I buying or am I crying?

Discuss VST stuff here!
tallguy

31 Mar 2020

It's also important to not let them set the pace. Black Friday sales are predictable, so you can start putting money away for that period. Make a list of the things you want, wait for them to get on sale. Make sure you're in control of the process, which isn't easy when you're suffering from GAS :D

Jackjackdaw

31 Mar 2020

tallguy wrote:
31 Mar 2020
It's also important to not let them set the pace. Black Friday sales are predictable, so you can start putting money away for that period. Make a list of the things you want, wait for them to get on sale. Make sure you're in control of the process, which isn't easy when you're suffering from GAS :D
Wise words.

jam-s

06 Apr 2020

paulred67 wrote:
29 Mar 2020
I've bought Arturia V Collection 7 a few days ago for 199,- Euro (original price was 499,-). I love it so much, that I've bought Pigments 2 too. Now the question is, whether there'll be a discounted upgrade price for version 7 owners or not, once version 8 is released. Maybe someone who upgraded their products in the past could chime in.
I bought V collection 6 some time ago and when I login to my account I can see an offer to upgrade to V collection 7 for 99 EUR. So there is a discounted upgrade path for existing customers. (Not sure, if it will stay at 99 to upgrade to V8 though, but I hope).

tallguy

07 Apr 2020

jam-s wrote:
06 Apr 2020
[(Not sure, if it will stay at 99 to upgrade to V8 though, but I hope).
The 99€ upgrade offer is until the April 7th

jam-s

07 Apr 2020

tallguy wrote:
07 Apr 2020
jam-s wrote:
06 Apr 2020
[(Not sure, if it will stay at 99 to upgrade to V8 though, but I hope).
The 99€ upgrade offer is until the April 7th
And then the next sale will come along some time in the future (likely on black Friday).

qn5

13 Apr 2020

Wait for a sale and it's absolutely worth it. They're dope. Upgraded to the latest version as well. The sounds are fantastic. If not, get Analog Lab and you'll be golden.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

joeyluck

22 Apr 2020

qn5 wrote:
13 Apr 2020
Wait for a sale and it's absolutely worth it. They're dope. Upgraded to the latest version as well. The sounds are fantastic. If not, get Analog Lab and you'll be golden.
I just picked up Analog Lab on sale and I'm pretty happy with it :thumbs_up:
As a previous owner of Analog Factory, there was an upgrade path that made it even cheaper.

I love designing my own patches, but I am also a preset user for sure. And a bundle as large as the V Collection, I'd likely feel overwhelmed and I'm not sure how many of the synths I'd dive into, or overlook because they are separate plugins. So Analog Lab is perfect, with everything in one plugin, and still plenty of control over popular parameters.

joeyluck

22 Apr 2020

One thing I overlooked with Analog Lab is there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust sequenced presets? It does lock to the host tempo, but there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust the rate, or more importantly—simply turn off the sequence for those patches. Unless I'm missing something?

They have some great deals on sounds in their shop, but I'm hesitant if there's no control over sequenced patches.

www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds

sublunar

22 Apr 2020

Since this thread was bumped anyway here's my two cents:
MrFigg wrote:
29 Mar 2020

2. Version 8 probably won't be as cheap as €199.
It's generally safe to assume that if software goes on sale, it means the new version is right around the corner. Basically always. Only exceptions are things like Black Friday sales. I only buy software when it's on sale and I don't give a fuck about the next version because if it's cool, I'll buy the even better one after that when it's on sale.
MrFigg wrote:
29 Mar 2020
3. It's unclear how much extra content it'll have anyway (learned from Rob Papen eXplorer bundle)
Software almost never has enough extra content to justify worrying about chasing the next version. Basically never. That's an endless game, friend. Unless there's a specific feature you absolutely need, don't worry about the next version. I don't buy every new version of Reason, for example; I upgraded to 10 and ain't buying 11.

Arturia V collection covers everything I've ever wanted out of software synthesizers/organs/pianos/etc. If you get it and somehow feel that you can't find or make sounds you like out of that bundle, then you might as well stop playing the keyboard. V Collection is indeed fucking awesome and 100% satisfies my lust for software keyboard instruments. All other virtual keyboard instruments can go piss in the wind IMO. Never had googly eyes for another virtual keyed instrument since. Hardware, though..

Having said all that, a Fender Jazzmaster is fucking awesome-er. Mostly because it's a real, tangible, object and you don't have to use a mouse to interact with it and no amount of Windows 10 updates will harm it. So I kinda hope you're getting the Jazzmaster, but if you got V collection, you won't be disappointed.

• Information