How to get the free Europa VST?

Discuss VST stuff here!
devilfish

23 Mar 2020

Hello,

I upgraded all versions from 6 to 11. (6/7/8/9/10/11). There is a webside that say all Reason 10 useres get Europa VST for free.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/press/275 ... on-the-web

My question is where can i get the Europa VST Plugin and how is the authorisation done?

Thanks

joeyluck

23 Mar 2020

Europa VST is discontinued.

However, if you did upgrade to R10 during that time, you should find it in your account under My Products > VST Plugins.

That said, now that you have R11, if you're looking to use Europa in another DAW, you can use the Reason Rack Plugin, which contains Europa.

Oquasec

23 Mar 2020

The rack plugin has everything but if you wanted the Europa vst you'd just need to find reason 10
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Jackjackdaw

23 Mar 2020

I love the Europa VST! I use it all the time.

moneykube

23 Mar 2020

"Europa VST is discontinued."
tried a number of times with reason 10... vst will not load for me in reason... the rack extension works ... yes... vst no...I had heard the vst version is less tasking on dsp but never got to test that statement.... no wonder they discontinued it.... as they don't like fixing things... imo
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

joeyluck

23 Mar 2020

moneykube wrote:
23 Mar 2020
"Europa VST is discontinued."
tried a number of times with reason 10... vst will not load for me in reason... the rack extension works ... yes... vst no...I had heard the vst version is less tasking on dsp but never got to test that statement.... no wonder they discontinued it.... as they don't like fixing things... imo
It still works for me.

They discontinued it because of the release of the Reason Rack Plugin which contains Europa, and is even included with Reason Intro for $99, when the Europa plugin was introduced at that price and then was $149.

Whether or not they offered a crossgrade to Reason for those who purchased the Europa VST, I'm not sure. But good of them to not continue selling it to people when the clear better option is the RRP which contains Europa.

Oquasec

23 Mar 2020

The other guy just has the europa plugin, but still makes amazing tunes with it.
You can always ignore the CV part you know, let the people who utilize it worry about what's behind there
Producer/Programmer.

moneykube

23 Mar 2020

joeyluck wrote:
23 Mar 2020
It still works for me.
hmmm... I wonder why I can't get it to load... tried installing a few times... always fails to load... I must be missing something somewhere somehow

joeyluck

23 Mar 2020

moneykube wrote:
23 Mar 2020
joeyluck wrote:
23 Mar 2020
It still works for me.
hmmm... I wonder why I can't get it to load... tried installing a few times... always fails to load... I must be missing something somewhere somehow
I'm on macOS High Sierra.

I'm not sure if it's been updated to be compatible with Catalina or whatever the latest version of Windows is?

I installed it with R10 and I hadn't removed it or really touched it since. But I checked it out and it still works in R11 for me.

I guess one benefit of the Europa VST over the Reason Rack Plugin is the zoom function. Which hopefully someday we'll have that ability in the Rack.

moneykube

24 Mar 2020

joeyluck wrote:
23 Mar 2020
I'm on macOS High Sierra.
I'm not sure if it's been updated to be compatible with Catalina or whatever the latest version of Windows is?
must be the issue... it did not work on mountain lion the os I was using when I got it... rechecked when I upgraded ro Catalina.... oh well the rack does work well for me

faun2500

25 Mar 2020

They discontinued Europa VST?! So we can't use Europa in other DAWS now? Confused.
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

Oquasec

25 Mar 2020

faun2500 wrote:
25 Mar 2020
They discontinued Europa VST?! So we can't use Europa in other DAWS now? Confused.
They turned the daw into the plugin.
You know how fl was a vst right?
They made reason a plugin.
Producer/Programmer.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

Not that I’m going to, but I always wondered if I could sell the Europa VST they put in my account. I’ve never even downloaded it because Reason is the only DAW I use.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information