PSP Springbox or Nexcellence.

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2020

I’m anticipating both of these going on sale in the PSP $20 for 20 days sale. Anybody got ‘em and can give any insights. Obviously I’ve already got a million reverbs but no dedicated spring. I’ll be using it predominantly on guitar.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

10 Mar 2020

I read somewhere that not all the PSP plugins will be going on sale (e.g. Vintage Warmer, which is the one everybody seems to want). Nexcellence was $19 late last year, so it might get missed out this time. It's good, though. I've never met a plugin that does really convincing spring reverb, and this one is no different. But it's still a versatile unit for a lot of other kinds of reverb, has a lot of features and the sound is quality. Would definitely grab it for $20 if it comes up

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Mar 2020
I read somewhere that not all the PSP plugins will be going on sale (e.g. Vintage Warmer, which is the one everybody seems to want). Nexcellence was $19 late last year, so it might get missed out this time. It's good, though. I've never met a plugin that does really convincing spring reverb, and this one is no different. But it's still a versatile unit for a lot of other kinds of reverb, has a lot of features and the sound is quality. Would definitely grab it for $20 if it comes up
Figured. There’s more than 20 PSP plugins so they won’t all be in sale. I’m really tempted by PianoVerb but that was also in sale a few months ago and the free version is pretty functional. I’d really like to know more about Springbox. Not so much about it on the web. Guess I could just demo it. I tried Nexcellence at the time but didn’t buy it...somehow I’ve got it stuck in my head though. Last one I might consider is the Echo one but again I’ve got so many delays and echos already. Going the trial route is probably the best option. I just can’t be bothered though hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

10 Mar 2020

I have Nexcelence. It sounds good but is a massive cpu hog! Arturia's new spring verb sounds better but is also a cpu hog probably more so. Ironic since spring verbs are kind of the cheap and cheerful option in hardware.

I have used Vintage Warmer for years. It makes acoustic guitars sound amazing.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
10 Mar 2020
I have Nexcelence. It sounds good but is a massive cpu hog! Arturia's new spring verb sounds better but is also a cpu hog probably more so. Ironic since spring verbs are kind of the cheap and cheerful option in hardware.

I have used Vintage Warmer for years. It makes acoustic guitars sound amazing.
High CPU usage seems to be a thing with PSP plugins. I would’ve bought L’otary but it eats Processor Power. B-Scanner is a bit kinder.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2020

Aye well...that's Nexcellence in the bag for $17.80 :). CPU wise...I usually have my buffer size set to 64 samples which, with just one audio track and Nexcellence, is giving me 1 to 2 blips on the DSP. Jump up to 128 samples and I'm golden :). Nice spring verb.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2020

Well it's the last day of the 20 for 20 sale tomorrow and Echo till hasn't appeared. That's the only one I really want so if you're feeling benevolent then please cross your fingers for me...unless of course you're waiting on something else yourself in which case I'll cross my fingers for you. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information