How to route Xfer Cthulhu in Reason 11.2?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Konding

24 Feb 2020

Hi all

Finally, have waited a long time to be able to use MIDI-out in Reason. But everything seems to be about running Reason as a plugin in Ableton / Logic? Any kind person who can tell how to configure Cthulhu in 11.2?

Thanks/Ulf

jam-s

26 Feb 2020

Your assumption is right. Right now you still cannot use midi vsts inside Reason.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2020

Surely it's being worked on, since Reason Studios listens to all their user feedback!

Konding

26 Feb 2020

Thanks for your answers. I thought for a moment that Reason had finally solved this issue. Wouldn't it be smarter to develop the environment inside Reason, rather than as a plugin for other DAW:s?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2020

Konding wrote:
26 Feb 2020
Thanks for your answers. I thought for a moment that Reason had finally solved this issue. Wouldn't it be smarter to develop the environment inside Reason, rather than as a plugin for other DAW:s?
The plugin is a smart move in itself. They just need to implement VST midi out in Standalone Reason and the Plugin, that way everyone is happy and they are on par with other DAWs, AND they live up to their marketing promise "use all your favorite VSTs inside reason".
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Konding

28 Feb 2020

Boombastix wrote:
26 Feb 2020
Konding wrote:
26 Feb 2020
The plugin is a smart move in itself. They just need to implement VST midi out in Standalone Reason and the Plugin, that way everyone is happy and they are on par with other DAWs, AND they live up to their marketing promise "use all your favorite VSTs inside reason".

I totally agree, that's the way to go. I've used Reason for years and really like the "analog" feel. But when it comes to effects and instruments, there are so many options out there.

dezma

02 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
26 Feb 2020
Konding wrote:
26 Feb 2020
They just need to implement VST midi out in Standalone Reason and the Plugin, that way everyone is happy and they are on par with other DAWs, AND they live up to their marketing promise "use all your favorite VSTs inside reason".
That's a joke right?

Still no sample drag n drop to vst from reason browser, no midi folders, no wav drum loop browsing in tempo sync, no ARA support, zero customer loyalty appreciation and sloppy customer support

Midi vst support will make the huge gap a tiny bit closer however to me their direction is very clear and I'm now a happy reason rack user instead of a frustrated reason DAW user.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2020

dezma wrote:
02 Mar 2020
Boombastix wrote:
26 Feb 2020

They just need to implement VST midi out in Standalone Reason and the Plugin, that way everyone is happy and they are on par with other DAWs, AND they live up to their marketing promise "use all your favorite VSTs inside reason".
That's a joke right?

Still no sample drag n drop to vst from reason browser, no midi folders, no wav drum loop browsing in tempo sync, no ARA support, zero customer loyalty appreciation and sloppy customer support

Midi vst support will make the huge gap a tiny bit closer however to me their direction is very clear and I'm now a happy reason rack user instead of a frustrated reason DAW user.
This thread was about VST midi out. There are other threads discussing other feature requests. But I think the best focus is to implement missing features that can potentially stop you from making a song, then focus on what is a nuisance but has a work around.

Spryx

07 Mar 2020

this is the one feature i'm missing from Reason... If they do it and add offline rendering, I can ditch Studio One....
latest:

Propellerhands

27 Apr 2020

So does Cthulhu VST work in Reason 11 by now or not? They did add something called MIDI out, right? I downloaded trial Cthulhu version and didn't manage to use properly in Reason. Is it just a routing problem or just a fact that Reason 11 doesn't support such kinds of VSTs?
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2020

Propellerhands wrote:
27 Apr 2020
So does Cthulhu VST work in Reason 11 by now or not? They did add something called MIDI out, right? I downloaded trial Cthulhu version and didn't manage to use properly in Reason. Is it just a routing problem or just a fact that Reason 11 doesn't support such kinds of VSTs?
Reason standalone or Rack Plugin can NOT route midi out from a VST. Many of us have requested it. Send Reason an email, tell them you need VST midi out to use Cthulhu.

Propellerhands

27 Apr 2020

Thank you, that's a bummer then. I will. Hopefully it will come on Reason 11.3
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

• Information