No Audio on Playback of Arcade Track in Reason 11

Discuss VST stuff here!
Masha34

17 Feb 2020

Hi All,

I’m new so maybe this is just a simple fix. Hopefully. I’m doing a free trial of the loop synthesizer Arcade by Output. Reason 11 recognizes the VST and creates a track when I drag arcade into the rack. I use a Nektar Midi to record. I can see what I am playing is recording onto the Arcade track but there is no audio on playback.

When I flip the rack around to see the wiring it it set up the same default way as any Reason Instrument is.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 3.24.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 3.24.54 PM.png (1002.53 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
Rack.jpg
Rack.jpg (401.79 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Feb 2020

Are any other instruments working? Is there any sound at all?
Open the Arcade VST UI. Are the keys at the bottom lit showing that it is receiving the notes? Is any sane preset loaded? It's cloud based, maybe it couldn't fetch the samples from the network? Try to drag-drop your own samples onto the keys.

Masha34

17 Feb 2020

Yes, all other instruments work as normal. Keys definitely receiving notes. I was able to drop a sample from Reason onto a key in Arcade and play it back.

Not sure if this would be related at all but after making an arcade track I cannot play anything but what is open in Arcade. For example if I make a new track, after making an Arcade one, and want to use the Europa synth, Arcade is the only thing that sounds when I play my keyboard. This is even when my Europa track is selected.

The mixer for Arcade says Audio Output Master Selection, but it is not going there.

Thanks for your help!

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Feb 2020

Masha34 wrote:
17 Feb 2020
Not sure if this would be related at all but after making an arcade track I cannot play anything but what is open in Arcade. For example if I make a new track, after making an Arcade one, and want to use the Europa synth, Arcade is the only thing that sounds when I play my keyboard. This is even when my Europa track is selected.
Is the track really selected (for receiving the "Master Keyboard Input")? There should be a gray arrow on the track device icon or on the wooden Rack border next to the device. Sorry if I'm telling the obvious things, but you said you were new. Still there may be some problem.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... Help-Files
See Reason Operation Manual PDF on that page, Chapter 5 "Sequencer Functions / Track details /Master Keyboard Input"

Jmax

17 Feb 2020

Arcade only works within 1 octave of a keyboard.
Make sure your keyboard is tuned to that octave and your hitting the correct notes, remember to hold the notes down for the loops.

Masha34

18 Feb 2020

Yep. Have the right track selected when clicking the grey arrows on both the rack and in the sequencer.

Also the keyboard is set a 00.0 Octave which is the only one Arcade plays at. Maybe I need to record within Arcade also ? I'm starting to think its a MIDI thing?

Kalm

18 Feb 2020

* You can check the MIDI thing by loading a sample into its keyboard roll and physical see the keys moving, if that not happening then there could be a MIDI issue there.

* Double check on the authorization. If you've gone past your trial date Arcade doesn't push out sound and locks you out besides what's already been recorded via MIDI if I believe. But if the authorization is getting confused / broken or you're not signed in that could pose an issue.

*Check the MIDI Focus. That's the random pentagon icon next to the device. In the rack its the top left of the device. If it's not pressed in then MIDI won't trigger the device. (For example, in your screenshot you can see the icon in the Master Section to the left. If you click Arcade one will pop up). It also shows in the sequencer next to the device. If you don't see green indicator showing MIDI response no MIDI is triggering the device.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2020

Masha34 wrote:
18 Feb 2020
Yep. Have the right track selected when clicking the grey arrows on both the rack and in the sequencer.

Also the keyboard is set a 00.0 Octave which is the only one Arcade plays at. Maybe I need to record within Arcade also ? I'm starting to think its a MIDI thing?
Hmm, I'm lost. Maybe start a new song to exclude things like surface locking, create a couple of stock instruments and check if the same workflow should work. Then add Arcade and check it again.

Masha34

18 Feb 2020

Well, I got it figured out ! I just need to click open from the Arcade VST synth rather than opening Arcade separately. Super weird because it still recorded the other way though. I said I was new to this : ) Thanks for all the responses.

• Information